“Had Food 5-10 Minutes After Ordering”
Review of Parkette Drive In

Parkette Drive In
Ranked #88 of 1,019 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Lot's of outside seating under a roof with big garage doors that can be pulled down and a little inside seating as well. Walk in seat yourself, order your drinks and food and had it all in 5-10 minutes of ordering. Fried chicken was hot and good, not the best but good, my wife got the hamburger and it was good as well. We sat outside temp in the lower 80's with a nice breeze so it was nice, the only bad thing was the wind will blow your napkins or trash off your table. They had an Old Car Show going on when we were there so we walked around after eating checking out the cars. This was a good place to eat and we would eat there again if in the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

My wife and I drove bay the Parkette last week and decided to stop because we liked the retro red and green sign so much. This is a classic 1950's drive-in with car hops, but also had indoor seating in a diner setting and also large outdoor seating in a "garage" area. The owners did a great job in restoration and re-creating a fun atmosphere of an earlier time. But the food is right up to date! My wife had a huge hamburger which she enjoyed and I had fried chicken and onion rings. The chicken was big and meaty though the breading was a bit much as was the breading on the onion rings. A little less would have made these items stellar instead of good. Server was very friendly and efficient. I would go back there anytime!!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere was fun but service was just so-so and when my husband had to return his quarter pound cheeseburger 2 times because it was still not cooked through, we requested a refund. They did give the money back, but nothing else was offered. Disappointed to say the least!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We ate here twice during the week of our visit in Lexington. I'm back home in California and longing for more of their great food. Their diner, 60's decor is reminiscent of my high school days! Food is wonderful and BJ gives extra special service!

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Traveling to Mo for business we stopped in Lexington KY. Kentucky is known for bourbon but there is a drive inn/ restaurant that has been open and serving Fried Chicken since 1951. When you do something for that long you do it right. Their chicken is huge, nice and crunchy and the meat is moist . We ordered the platters with Coleslaw, roll and tater tots. And we couldn’t finish even half, maybe because we also saw they had Hot Brown fries. French fries with Alfredo sauce then tomatoes and bacon. Yum The Parkette is very retro with red and white booths and a garage area that they can lift the sides in nice weather.