“Top of the line Italian in Lexington”
Review of Bella Notte

Bella Notte
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Notte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 983 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rojay
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We are occasional (not resident) visitors to the Lexington dining scene but this was our first visit to Bella Notte. We were favorably impressed by the service, food, and overall ambiance of this place. The premier presentation of dry herbs then mixed with olive oil on a plate was a first. Warm yeast bread was then supplied. We progressed through our dinner experience without difficulty and excellent followup from the service staff. The wine selection was very good at a reasonable price. We have no negative comments. Highly recommended.

1  Thank David B

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Honestly, can't say enough good things about this place. I've been a few times and haven't had a disappointing experience yet. Recommended dishes would be The fettuchenni Alfredo with added grilled chicken. It is literally the best Chicken Alfredo I have ever had, and i've had several haha. Also the chocolate souffle treat is literally one of the best treats i've ever had. Wow! If you have a reason to take someone out to a nice dinner take them here! You won't regret it!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on a whim while in town and what a great place! It is a rustic place with lots of character. Our server, Luke, was one of the best we have had! It was a super hot day and he never let our drinks get low and we drank a lot of water!

There were Several specials going on, one of them was half price select Italian wine! We had the fresh caprese and the Tuscan vegetable pizza as appetizers and they were both very good, however the caprese was phenomenal! We had the manicotti and the ahi tuna and enjoyed both. One hint, get the family style manicotti and take what you don’t eat home. (2 manicotti for $13 vs 6 for $21). Since it was our first visit, we got the panna cotta on the house, it was so smooth and creamy; a perfect ending to a wonderful meal!

The manager came by and talked to many customers, us included. He wanted to ensure everyone was enjoying their meals. I highly recommend this locally owned restaurant if you are in town and in the mood for Italian!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

A great Monday night dinner at Bella Notte. Having a long girls weekend, and looked for a place for dinner. We lucked into a reservation here - someone must have cancelled, because there was really only one table in an otherwise booked restaurant. Half-price select wines on Monday nights, a calamari appetizer with a really, really good dill aioli for dipping. Highly recommend the veal piccata, manicotti, and penne pesto. Throw in a salad for only $2 extra. Hot bread while your order was prepared, fast professional service and quiet enough to hear your own conversation. A great experience, and we will be back!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I've been wanting to eat here for a while, so when my husband wanted to make an impromptu trip to Lexington, I was all for it!

When we first got there we ordered soft drinks and tea. After we got the drinks, the server brought some fresh (really delicious!) bread along with some seasonings and dipping oil. They sell the seasonings to go for $5.00, and I took some home with me. :)

We started with the fried mozzarella, which were balls of obviously fresh mozz in a crispy coating served with a chunky marinara sauce. They were SO good!

My husband ordered the manicotti with tomato basil cream sauce and thought they were very good. He had joked about ordering the family size, and, after receiving "only" two on his plate, we realized that the family size might actually be best for him. *lol*

I got the lasagna with meat sauce. I liked it but it wasn't my favorite. The meat sauce was only on top (because there are three different ways you can order it) and it was very dry. My husband agreed.

We got the chocolate pave' to go for dessert. It is wonderful! It is all chocolate and very rich, but also very nuanced in flavor. I would love to have a whole one for a special birthday or holiday treat. I highly recommend this dessert!

Our server was so sweet. I wish I had kept the receipt so I could tell you her name, but I didn't. She was always there when we wanted something, but was not intrusive at all. She knew a lot about the menu, and was very helpful. She did say that about 90% of the food they sell is homemade.

The total for this meal, including soft drinks, 1 appetizer, 2 dinners one dessert and some Italian dipping seasonings to go came out to a very reasonable $49. (not including tip) I definitely want to return and try some of their other dishes. It was a great, low-key place to have a very good meal!