“Fancy food”
Review of Malone's

Malone's
Reserve with OpenTable
Malone's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 983 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$14 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The best of Lexington. Malone's is Bluegrass Hospitality Group's original concept, Malone’s is pleased to serve guests at three Lexington locations: Hamburg, Palomar and Lansdowne. Known for USDA Prime Beef, an extensive wine list and a relaxed atmosphere, Malone’s is the perfect place for a business luncheon or family celebration. Enjoy a full service lunch or dinner, including rolled to order, fresh sushi from the Aqua sushi bar. Our diverse menu and over-the-top hospitality are sure to make Malone’s your premiere dining destination.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had brunch here & enjoyed a great beer & meal. Funny place where you can watch any sport thanks to many TV screens. Our waitress was so friendly. I recommend !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first trip to Lexington and the last night of our long weekend. We wanted to end on a high note with a great meal. We decided based on TA reviews and ranking and the suggestion of a local to give Malone’s a shot. We chose poorly. The decor and atmosphere is more sports bar than fine dining. As for the food, As a family we had a shrimp cocktail, sirloin steak (oscar style) with lobster mac ‘n’ cheese, Cajun beef penne, and sushi. We also tried the cookie for dessert. The shrimp were good while the cocktail sauce included extra horseradish on top which was overpowering. The sirloin was cooked to temperature, medium rare, and was way over-seasoned with salt and pepper. The “oscar” amounted to a single asparagus spear cut in half and tasteless cold shredded crab. The lobster mac was crusty on top, as though too much time under the heat lamp, and the “lobster” tasted fishy. The penne was super peppery and the beef over cooked and dry. We’ve neither anything good nor anything bad to say about the sushi but we may want to reserve final judgement until digestion is complete. We wrapped up with the cookie dessert which wasn’t warm and did not meet expectations. The service was spotty, waited many minutes and had to ask to receive my wine with dinner (though the wine pours were generous and well-paired), attempted clearing dishes prior to our finishing them, and our server was in general a “soft talker” who was difficult to hear and understand. For the price paid here we expected much more than Malone’s delivered. We’ve had some great meals around the world and understand that everything is relative. That being said, if Malone’s is the best that Lexington has to offer, the culinary scene in Lexington has a significant opportunity for improvement and growth. On top of it all, the bathroom stall was missing toilet paper and my wife, as a business professional, found the quote from Zsa Zsa Gabor distasteful. We may not find ourselves in Lexington again anytime soon and if we did we would not recommend visiting Malone’s again.

bluegrasshospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Malone's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Afternoon,
Please allow me to apologize for the disappointing food and service on your most recent dining experience with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction, 100% of the time and didn't live up to this statement. If you could please provide the best phone number or email address, I would like for the manager to contact you about this feedback.
Angie May
Corporate Guest Relations

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Malone's is my favorite restaurant when visiting my Son at UK. And, I prefer the location on Tate's Creek. The food is always excellent...I am a big fan of the Lexitonian Salad and the filets. The service is always friendly, professional and proficient! Atmosphere is also nice, whether you want to watch a game or relax in the quiet with family or friends.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I was a little worried about making this anniversary weekend fun for my wife when we've never been here together before. Our entire day had been going well and now the "pièce de résistance", our restaurant choice for dinner, Malone's, which is well known in Lexington.

We chose the Tates Creek location in the Lansdowne shopping district which is their original location that opened back in 1996. We came a bit early for our 8:00 reservation so that we might enjoy a drink at the bar. Our bartender, John Ledang, was very outgoing and made our first taste of Malone's a very welcoming one. He made a wonderfully flavorful and well displayed Cosmo for my wife and a Woodford Reserve Double 00 Bourbon & Coke for me, and served them both with a bit of history and showmanship of the Malone's tradition. They also own the OBC Kitchen, Harry's and Drake's locations locally and in Tennessee, Alabama and Indianapolis, but not Cincinnati. So if you are listening, Malone's/BHG, please choose your next location in Mason, OH.

John then graciously handed us off to Duke who was to be our waiter and seated us in a romantic booth perfect for our Anniversary celebration. Duke was just as gracious and knowledgeable as John was so I knew our night would truly be memorable.

We were served the most delicious loaf of bread with a garlic butter that was to die for which was a great start. After taking our orders, Duke brought an enormous bowl of the Lexingtonian salad that took our taste buds to the next level. I honestly could have just eaten the bread and salad and would have been very happy.

Out came our entrees hot nd brimming with flavorful aromas of the delights to come. My beautiful wife had ordered the 5oz filet mignon with shrimp and lobster mac & cheese. All were decadent. I chose their 16oz ribeye served with Gruyere potato croquets. The steak was unbelievable. My first bite delivered an explosion of flavors that demanded my full attention. The potato croquets were a perfect accompaniment to my steak.

To say that we were blown away by our entrees is an understatement. This restaurant, staff and meal was par excellence. I would put this dining experience up against the best steakhouses in the country. I'm deadly serious.

If you have a special occasion and want to make it something that you will always remember you really must choose Malone's to be the arbiter of that event. They will not let you down. And the good news is that if you have a very large group, Malone's also has a banquet hall that is available to rent.

Please, please, please build your next Malone's, Harry's or Drake's on the north side of Cincinnati up in Mason, Oh hell, I'll even come work for you!!!

Excellent service, food and atmosphere. A job well done Malone's !!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We had dinner there with friends from the area. I had their twin filets and they were as good as I have had in a long time. Our server Beyleigh was super. A very pleasant experience with some great friends.

Been to Malone's? Share your experiences!