“An Anniversary Dinner to Remember”
Review of Malone's

Malone's
Reserve with OpenTable
Malone's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 983 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$14 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The best of Lexington. Malone's is Bluegrass Hospitality Group's original concept, Malone’s is pleased to serve guests at three Lexington locations: Hamburg, Palomar and Lansdowne. Known for USDA Prime Beef, an extensive wine list and a relaxed atmosphere, Malone’s is the perfect place for a business luncheon or family celebration. Enjoy a full service lunch or dinner, including rolled to order, fresh sushi from the Aqua sushi bar. Our diverse menu and over-the-top hospitality are sure to make Malone’s your premiere dining destination.
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I was a little worried about making this anniversary weekend fun for my wife when we've never been here together before. Our entire day had been going well and now the "pièce de résistance", our restaurant choice for dinner, Malone's, which is well known in Lexington.

We chose the Tates Creek location in the Lansdowne shopping district which is their original location that opened back in 1996. We came a bit early for our 8:00 reservation so that we might enjoy a drink at the bar. Our bartender, John Ledang, was very outgoing and made our first taste of Malone's a very welcoming one. He made a wonderfully flavorful and well displayed Cosmo for my wife and a Woodford Reserve Double 00 Bourbon & Coke for me, and served them both with a bit of history and showmanship of the Malone's tradition. They also own the OBC Kitchen, Harry's and Drake's locations locally and in Tennessee, Alabama and Indianapolis, but not Cincinnati. So if you are listening, Malone's/BHG, please choose your next location in Mason, OH.

John then graciously handed us off to Duke who was to be our waiter and seated us in a romantic booth perfect for our Anniversary celebration. Duke was just as gracious and knowledgeable as John was so I knew our night would truly be memorable.

We were served the most delicious loaf of bread with a garlic butter that was to die for which was a great start. After taking our orders, Duke brought an enormous bowl of the Lexingtonian salad that took our taste buds to the next level. I honestly could have just eaten the bread and salad and would have been very happy.

Out came our entrees hot nd brimming with flavorful aromas of the delights to come. My beautiful wife had ordered the 5oz filet mignon with shrimp and lobster mac & cheese. All were decadent. I chose their 16oz ribeye served with Gruyere potato croquets. The steak was unbelievable. My first bite delivered an explosion of flavors that demanded my full attention. The potato croquets were a perfect accompaniment to my steak.

To say that we were blown away by our entrees is an understatement. This restaurant, staff and meal was par excellence. I would put this dining experience up against the best steakhouses in the country. I'm deadly serious.

If you have a special occasion and want to make it something that you will always remember you really must choose Malone's to be the arbiter of that event. They will not let you down. And the good news is that if you have a very large group, Malone's also has a banquet hall that is available to rent.

Please, please, please build your next Malone's, Harry's or Drake's on the north side of Cincinnati up in Mason, Oh hell, I'll even come work for you!!!

Excellent service, food and atmosphere. A job well done Malone's !!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We had dinner there with friends from the area. I had their twin filets and they were as good as I have had in a long time. Our server Beyleigh was super. A very pleasant experience with some great friends.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

You honestly can't EVER go wrong at Malone's. Everything is good here. Steak and salads are the bomb. Great for just about every kind of event you could have here - dates, business dinner meetings, family night out, everything

Reviewed 7 August 2018

we visit a couple times a month and they're always consistant with their service,food quality, and cleanliness. we usually visit the hamburgh location and really like the remodel of the place. well done Malone's.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Three girlfriends met me to celebrate my recent birthday. Our waiter was very solicitous, bringing fresh bread and drinks when we needed them. I ordered the Thai chicken salad and it was large enough for me to take a good portion home for another meal. My friend had suchi and said it was really good. A free dessert came for our table for my birthday - a rich slice of coconut cream pie. Delicious. All three of us shared it. Nice atmosphere at lunch time.

Been to Malone's? Share your experiences!