“Best Steak in Lexington!”
Review of Malone's

Malone's
Reserve with OpenTable
Malone's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,019 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$14 - US$50
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The best of Lexington. Malone's is Bluegrass Hospitality Group's original concept, Malone’s is pleased to serve guests at three Lexington locations: Hamburg, Palomar and Lansdowne. Known for USDA Prime Beef, an extensive wine list and a relaxed atmosphere, Malone’s is the perfect place for a business luncheon or family celebration. Enjoy a full service lunch or dinner, including rolled to order, fresh sushi from the Aqua sushi bar. Our diverse menu and over-the-top hospitality are sure to make Malone’s your premiere dining destination.
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I attended a business event from work hosted by Malone's. They started us off with appetizers and then brought us a nice salad. (The dressing was delicious.) and for the grand finale..Filet mignon, broccoli and carrots in butter sauce, and new red potatoes sauted with rosemary and butter. Yum! Oh, and the rolls were especially scrumptious.
The service was beyond attentive and I felt like a queen.
The business dinner was a success and everyone left very happy.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This review is for the Man O' War location. Wow !!! Wife and I were on our way back from NC to Northern Ky home. We had celebrated her birthday weekend and this was the finishing touch. First timers and we had a wonderful experience. Jarred was our server and he couldn't do enough for us - very attentive and had great recommendations for us being the first timers. Wife and I split the larger filet, butterflied and well done and it was tender, juicy and perfect. Jarred had recommended the potato croquets instead of a baked or mashed potatoes. These were delicious. The Lexington salad was crisp, fresh and very generous. Dessert was an apple crisp drizzled with caramel and served with vanilla ice cream - awesome was the best description I can give. Wife made the comment that "This is killer". She's right. The whole experience was memorable and wonderful. Since we are both foodies and love to go to different restaurants, this will be worth the 80 mile drive for special occasions. I like this place and will highly recommend it. Hint: I'd say make early plans for dinner, especially during UK season. This place will be packed.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Not being from Lexington, I was unaware of Malone's as an eatery of significance in Lexington. My wife and I were gifted with tickets to see comedian Tim Hawkins along with a gift card to Malone's Lansdowne. The restaurant was randomly picked by my family as it was close to the venue. On the trip, we got stuck in construction on I-64. We called to say that we would be at least thirty minutes late for our reservation. We showed up almost forty-five minutes late, but they still had our reservation waiting and ready to go despite being packed. I was a bit surprised to find that Malone's, Drakes, and Aqua Sushi were all located together, and that we could order from any of the three menus. Despite my love for sushi, I felt that being at a steak place meant ordering some sort of beef dish. The prices can get astronomical, especially if you are looking to order from one of their "Celebrity" dishes. I will say, despite the pricing, they menu descriptions looked amazing. Not being a "4oz" steak kinda of guy, I ventured toward my love of Italian food and went with the Cajun Beef Penne. It was a $22 dish, but was worth every penny. Additionally, most of the main dishes are offered with a bottomless Lexingtontonian, or in other words, a half Romain, half Iceberg salad with tomatoes and bacon. I had two.
The service was first rate. Our waiter had his own assistant and was at our beck and call. He even helped to rush our orders through given our time constraint for the show. The manager checked on us twice, and everything from the kitchen was first class.
A couple on a date won't escape this place for less than $50. If drinks and a nice dinner are on the docket, it will be more like a $100 or $125 experience. With that considered, do it anyway. You'll be glad that you did.

1  Thank Mrhorn
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

All I can say is WOW! I made an Open Table reservation and it was seamless. The staff was delightful. The food was amazing. There is something for everyone. A LEXINGTON MUST!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

During our time there we were never rushed. Started with hot bread and drinks. Before the entrees we had the endless Lexingtonian salad. A plentiful chopped salad and dressed with the house dressing. Entrees were the two filets with KY bourbon BBQ sauce and onion straws, two filets topped with creamed spinach au gratin and the salmon with potato croquettes. Everything was wonderful, properly cooked, very tasty and tender steaks. You pay a little more here but it is well worth it.