“AMAZING SELECTION ”

Bluegrass Tavern
Ranked #248 of 981 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My husband loves finding rare whiskey selections to try and this place has them ALL!! Any whiskey you could think of and they have multiple years of it all.
The bar tenders were amazing. All 3 were super friendly and knew their whiskey. From flavor profiles to history, they were on it.
Next time we are in Lexington we will definitely come here.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The food here was fantastic and very reasonably priced. We arrived at the Hyatt late due to hurricane Irma but they allowed us to eat even though the kitchen should have closed, the food was fantastic and the servers were really helpful and friendly, they didn't rush us even though it was after midnight. We ate Breakfast here also, it was great, an amazing range of hot and cold choices, everything you could ever want and the quality was excellent. We had drinks in the bar one evening and were unsure about some of the many, many Bourbons that they had, the Barman was really patient and helpful in helping us choose - he also makes a fantastic Margarita! There are many Bars & Restaurants in this area but we didn't need to leave the hotel as it was so good here.

1  Thank Angela Y
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Love this place! Even though the main guy chris Evans has left to start his own bar the guys (Jason and Bobby) do an awesome job. The best selection of Bourbons around and great pricing.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a drink and the beer list was great! The bartender didn't seem to want us lingering and looking at the list too Long. We said we just needed a minute to look and he continued to ask us every 10 seconds if we knew what we wanted yet. When I asked him what something was he really couldn't even give me a description other than it's "dark". We were standing at the bar not grabbing a seat. It was probably safe to assume that we were getting a drink and going back outside. Bartender never asked us though. After getting our beers and heading outside we were stopped by security telling us we needed to now pour our drinks in plastic cups. Having such a large patio, it would probably be easier for everyone if the bartender made it a habit just ask if this was for inside or outside. The crowd was next-door at Centro, and now I see why.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

While visiting Lexington on a buisness trip we ventured to the Bluegrass Tavern - what a mistake that was.

We walked in with only 6 people in the establishment - sat at the bar and asked bartender for a whiskey list and was bluntly told they don't have one. When I asked how will I know the price of something I'd like to order the bartender said I'll just tell you - in my mind I'm thinking this guy is just gonna make up prices.

I asked for something in the $15 range and was rudely told that "we were sitting at the wrong end of the bar" - I didn't know that there was seating segregation at the bar.

Reluctantly we ordered a round and even more reluctantly we graciously tipped the bartender (not even a thank you) When asked if he could provide the Wifi password, he said "no" as it will interfere with his credit card transactions....thats BS.

This bartender exhibited a self righteous attitude and clearly discriminated against those who were more interested in spending $20 + on a drink vs. establishing a relationship with a patron who was willing to spend lots of money on several drinks for his business associates. This bartender clearly missed the opportunity to cater to businessmen willing to spend their money in this establishment. So with that, we went next door at Centro and received the best service in the town and spent a boatload of money.

1  Thank Repsol_SP