“Saturday breakfast”

Shakespeare and Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Shakespeare and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,019 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Been a few years since we ate at Shakespeare. Can’t comment on their lunch or dinners but the breakfast was awesome. Jessica took great care of us as we entertained out of town guests. We had the usual American breakfast of bacon and eggs, eggs Benedict ( which my wife raved about ) and our guest was a vegetarian and they had her covered as well. We ate in the court yard and was left alone to catch up with friends. Definitely a great Saturday morning breakfast place to eat.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We had a party of 8 and waited at a few other restaurants for a while after our group attended Thursday night live. Around 9 pm we decided to keep looking bc we were hungry, and someone in our party said there was no wait at Shakespeare and Co (red flag). We walked in and there was no one in the restaurant (red flag). The waiter came over and we promptly placed our orders, and then waited FOREVER. I had ordered the hummus appetizer, and it was brought out with the rest of our food. The pita chips were so thin they broke off in the hummus, but it tasted fine. It’s hard to screw up hummus. The waiter forgot my entree completely (fish and chips), and we joked he could get me a beer and I would forgive him. When our bills arrived, that beer was on my ticket. We were ready to leave, and I was with associates, so I didn’t even mention it at that point.

The next day, several locals told us “oh yeah, they have horrible, slow service.”

Would not recommend. There’s plenty of other dining options in Lexington and especially downtown.

1  Thank AshleyJ976
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We had a delicious dinner in a relaxing and well designed space. From the moment you walk in the door, you are transported to somewhere else. The atmosphere is welcoming and you will enjoy the menu and wine selections.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed my visit to the West Short Street location. On a Saturday night with no reservation, packed downtown, we had only a few minutes wait. Staff was friendly, and outgoing. Service took a little time, but this place was packed, so totally understandable. Beautiful decor, good food and nice staff, don't pass up a visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

The food was very good. I especially like the burgers and pizzas. Our server was very kind and took care of anything we needed. It was very cold outside and the food warmed me up