“Excellent BBQ and cool vibe”

Willie's Locally Known
Ranked #53 of 981 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: American Eclectic Restaurant and Live Music Venue specializing in smoked meats, craft beer, and bourbon.
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

I never had the privilege of going to the old location, but I sure can't imagine it would be any better than this one. I have to contradict some other reviews about poor waitstaff and bad lunch experiences. During lunch, I have had to order at the bar, pick up my food, and take it to my seat. It's just like you would do at other barbecue joints, but the food is better. I don't have a problem with that. Also, I have had nothing but extremely good service from several visits there. We even had a table of 15 for a birthday party and the two waitresses tended to our never-ending needs perfectly. The only food I have had so far that has been subpar were they smoked deviled eggs. They are interesting at best. The best thing on the menu may very well be the pork nachos. It's huge and delicious. Their barbecue sauce gets high marks for its unique flavor and how can you not like a flight of bacon. It is been too cold to sit outside, but it looks like it faces the road making me unsure of the ambience. I would prefer to be inside anyway because of the contemporary yet rustic feel. It's an open air restaurant/bar. Good selection of beers complement a strong menu. There are appetizers for everyone. The brisket is good and the ribs are tasty, but average (I admit I'm not a rib fan). The pulled pork is fantastic. I am particularly fond of their soda fountain which does not offer any of the top products. They use a bottling company from North Carolina that uses pure cane sugar in their drinks and offers the classics: Cheerwine, cream soda, root beer, cola, ginger ale, black cherry soda and so on. They even have the local favorite, Ale81 on tap. I would love to be there on a Friday or Saturday night when there's live music having a beer and pork nachos at the bar, But I haven't found that opportunity yet. I most certainly will.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Poor atmosphere for what our group was see seeking. It was like McDonald's. No table service for lunch. We had to order at the cash register. Then order our drinks at the bar and pay for them separate. Not a relaxing lunch. Also I had a chicken sandwich that was ver dry. The side item was collard greens and was two forks full. Also it was very bad.
We will not be back.

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Food was decent price for quality and amount served. The burnt ends were tasty and so was the salmon with blackberry habanero sauce.
Had to wait 30 minutes to get a seat so it seems really popular.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We visited here with family. It was our first visit. Lots of fun. There was live music and the two bands were pretty good. Food was great! A couple things to improve upon: Service was somewhat slow and seemed "out of it". The way the food was plated (on quarter size sheet pans), the portions looked small. They weren't small, but initial impression was they were. Also kinda weird... 6 wings was a better deal than 10 wings (less $ per wing)

I'll definitely return!

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

First--the location has changed to Southland Dr. in Lexington. Nice, big location. It's a great place for bbq. The pulled pork nachos are delicious and HUGE! Also a good place to come listen to local bands on weekend night. I highly recommend.