All reviewsred milesitting areauk campuseggs and sausageclose to downtownbagelsnice hotelbusiness tripwould stay here againroom was spaciouscontinental breakfastan older hotelthe staff was friendly and helpfulexercise roomindoor poolsinkdesk
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at the Springhill at other locations and was not disappointed. The room was much smaller than expected as well as the pool area. It definitely needs updating. The breakfast was only decent. Their saving grace is their staff is what I have come to expect from Marriott.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Justin B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

RonQuick182,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Most of our travelers find the sitting area that accompanies the sleeping section an extra treat they normally do not see at other hotels in our range. I am sorry to hear that our suite did not seem spacious enough for you. It is also disheartening to know that you did not find our indoor heated pool and spa to your liking.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your interactions with our staff. My team works hard day and night to provide top notch service to our guests. This winter we will be undergoing a renovation to all our rooms and common areas. If your travels bring you back to Lexington please join us as we celebrate our refreshed design in Spring of 2018. We appreciate your input and wish you the best wherever the road takes you.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Pretty close to downtown Lexington. This is a basic hotel, but service was good, the room was spacious and comfortable and breakfast was friendly and tasty.

Room had a sofa, desk, kitchenette with microwave, fridge and sink, and comfortable bed.

Breakfast included cereal, yogurt, eggs & sausage, breads, ham and cheese and nutella. Coffee and juice.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

cuteontariocouple,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our location, spacious suites, European inspired breakfast, and our excellent staff service. My team works hard every day to ensure travelers like yourself get the most out of every stay. I will share your kind words with our crew! Best of luck in your future travels and if they ever bring you back to Lexington we hope to see you again.

Yours in hospitality,
Justin B.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

I initially was pleased with the large hotel room and the pleasnt staff. Breakfast was fine for one day even two, however by the 3rd morning it was disappointing since there was no change. I was also disappointed we weren't notified that the pool was not open. The final issue I had was that our room was not cleaned on our 2nd day of our stay. This was even after telling the front desk it wasn't clean in the mid afternoon. Like I said, staff was friendly but not too concerned that our room wasn't cleaned.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
SpringHillLexington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear Traveler,

We appreciate you for taking the time to review our hotel! Feedback like yours help us better serve our guests. I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with the size of our spacious suites and the friendly demeanor of our front desk staff. Thank you for joining us for our complementary deluxe continental breakfast in the morning. It is disheartening to hear that, after a couple of days, you found our European inspired breakfast selection unable to meet your requirements.

While we strive to keep our facility in top operating order, an unpredictable maintenance issue caused us to close our pool for two days. I am sorry you were not alerted that our heated indoor pool and spa would be out of commission during your stay. I know it can be frustrating to not be able to utilize an amenity that you expected to be operational. If the situation arises again I will make sure our front desk agents alert all of our guests of the status of the pool area.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the difficulties you incurred with having your room serviced. I will be reviewing our procedures with our staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. Our guests deserve the best experiences during their travels and I am deeply sorry we were unable to hit that mark during your stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Spacious suite with large seating area and kitchenette; very comfortable bed; very clean and with full range of tolletries. Close to downtown and within 10 minutes of New Circle Road by-pass. Very good breakfast buffet. Friendly front desk and service staff. A relaxing place to stay at an affordable price!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z1854TEgeorgeh
Haylie D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience as our guest! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us! We hope to have you return if your travels bring you back to this area!

Yours in Hospitality,
Haylie
AGM

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Stayed here with a colleague on a work trip. Typical Springhill Suites with spacious room that was quiet and dark.

Fastest mobile check-in ever (Thanks Madison working the desk that night).

Would stay here again if in town.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Haylie D, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lexington Near the University of Kentucky, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Mark H,
Isn't Madison awesome?! Thank you for taking the time to recognize him and our hotel! We would love to have you back if your work, or even leisure, brought you back to Lexington!

See you next time!