“New property, very clean”

Courtyard Lexington Keeneland/Airport
Ranked #33 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Would have given it 5 stars, except the check in clerk was real air head. She offered to print directions to a attraction, then fumbled with her computer, and said "The system thinks we're in Chicago." She fumbled some more, & I grew impatient. I said, "Just go to Google maps and print out that.' A few more minutes and she gave up. Room was spacious, very clean, large bathroom. Hard to find fault with the property. Rate spiked up by $50 on Friday, so we bolted for cheaper digs.

Room Tip: Top floor is best
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I've stayed at various Marriott hotels all over the U.S. for business and personal travel, so I considered Marriott my favorite chain, but after this experience, I'll be hunting for another hotel brand. I can overlook minor things such as noisy air conditioning and undercooked food in the Bistro. However, I had an item of expensive makeup stolen from my room on my latest trip. I reported the item as "missing" from my room when I checked out, and hoped it would be found and turned in. However, more than a week later, it hasn't. I spoke with the hotel manager, who promised to look into it. It's been several days and I've had no response. Stay at your own risk and lock up anything you don't want to lose.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from New Circle Road.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lexington Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear jrfpenn,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so sorry to hear about the frustration regarding your missing item. I can understand how disappointing it can be when something can't be located. I did speak with my staff members who mentioned that you came back to the hotel for the item prior to the room being cleaned after check-out. Our housekeeper and management team both thoroughly checked the room and could not locate your item. We have been in communication with you regarding our findings and I'm sorry that we have not been able to locate it. I will certainly have my staff keep an eye out for the item and will let you know if we come across it. I do hope that you will reconsider and give us another chance to provide you with an impressive stay in the future.

Adela Y.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Super clean Courtyard with friendly and helpful staff. We stay there on our weekend getaways and never disappointed. Close to everything and spotless. Will defiantly stay there on again until we relocate to Lexington.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017

The network was down. OK it happens. Worst part was that the wifi was down so I couldn't work in my room.
They need to work on food: Ordered a Cobb Salad - out of avocado (go to the store and BUY some for heavens sake), some lettuce had brown edges, corn seemed to be dumped from a can. and the bacon and chicken seemed fake. I was surprised and then realized I usually stay at another chain that I won't mention, that has the same service, where you call down and then go pick it up downstairs when ready. They could figure out how their competitors are doing it with MUCH better food quality.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lexington Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear Nancy4052,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Lexington Keeneland Airport. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused by Marriott's network outage. We understand how frustrating this was for all of our guests. I'm also sorry that the food you ordered from the Bistro was not to your satisfaction. Your comments will be shared with the team as we are always looking for areas to improve. I hope that we will have a chance to make up for this should your travels bring you back to the area.

Adela A.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Room and hotel were very clean. Room was quiet and bed comfortable. Visited the breakfast shop in first morning and they had issues with their cash register. The cashier asked her manager for assistance and was told that was not her job, she did not know anything about it and to call IT. Both the cashier and I were both stunned. After working on the issues few minutes she let me have my items on the house. All other employees encountered were very pleasant, it was just this one "manager" that stunned me.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business