“Good fish at reasonable price ”

Charlie's Fresh Seafood
Ranked #169 of 949 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Carry-out and fish market
Description: Carry-out and fish market
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We got takeout from Charlies. I ordered the whitefish with hush puppies and cole slaw. The fish was good as well as the sides. Will have to try it again when back in the area.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

My family and I went Charlie's Seafood. We all had Whitefish Special. It is 3 piece of fish, French fried or crunch onion rings. Also choice of coke slaw or jalapeno hush puppies. Plus a choice white,wheat, rye bun. The fish isn't small. Long filet of fish. It is Awesome. There is no place like this. It is a Great hole in the wall. There is no place to eat. Take out only. Plus they serve fresh fish to. It is market dash restaurant. It is comes Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Charlie's is a real neighborhood joint with a lot of regulars the staff know by name and visa versa. Both a very good fresh seafood market and an excellent (deep-fried) takeout place. Not upscale but they have what they do down to an art.

You place your order at the counter and get in line. If the parking lot is empty Charlie's Seafood is closed. The Whitefish Special is the favorite dish: perfectly fried filets dwarf the bun. Choose two sides from fresh French fries, hush puppies and coleslaw. The tartar sauce isn't made in house but is good. And you can get extra ketchup when you pick up your order.

Great little down home place with character.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

I went to Charlie's today and I got the White Fish Special. This was some of the best fish that I have ever had. The hush puppies are awesome!

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Sis an I happened to drive by here so decided to stop. Am I glad we did. We got a fish sandwich. We also got hush puppies. The small fish sandwich was huge! And excellent. It was so good we came back a few days later. The hush puppies were a little spicy for us tho. If I am anywhere near this place I will definetly stop in again.