“I agree-The Best Fish Sandwich in Lexington”

Charlie's Fresh Seafood
Ranked #167 of 997 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Carry-out and fish market
Description: Carry-out and fish market
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

This is an un-fancy take out restaurant. Some call it a dive but I found it to be too clean and organized to earn the title.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Carry out only - we normally order & drive it to one of the local shopping centers to eat. Whitefish sandwich is huge. Guy at the counter was impatient with us but not obnoxious. Fish is lightly battered and fried. It comes on a small hamburger bun that is pretty worthless. Just eat the fish with your hands & throw out the bun. Fries are frozen crinkle-cut. I will try their onion rings next time - they are a 1.50 up-charge on the meal. Word to the wise - that food comes out of the fryer VERY hot. Slaw was pretty good - really wet. You will want to eat it as fast as you can get in your car but - go slow - don't burn yourself.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Got the fish on white roll with side of fries and hush puppies. Fresh fish and the hush puppies were just AWESOME! The best I've ever had actually. It's take out only. Little hole in the wall tho and easy to miss if you're not looking.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

I fondly remember the wonderful Charlie's fish sandwiches from years ago and I was excited to try them again. My wife and I each got the special which consists of a large fish sandwich and two sides. The total carry-out cost with two large iced teas was $23. The order taker was friendly and efficient and the iced tea was good. The cheap buns were stale and the watery coleslaw was warm and super sweet. The hush puppies were burned and the french fries were tasteless. The fish was OK and generous in its proportion, so we ate the fish and threw everything else away. Maybe we just went on a bad day, but we were very disappointed.

2  Thank Roger D
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

OMG.....people if u have a pulse you have to go here to try the fish....I have never had fish this good...EVER !!!! Amazing food at a great price...how can u go wrong....