“Expensive and salty”
Review of Coles 735 Main

Coles 735 Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Coles 735 Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 997 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Japanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Ashland
Description: Showcasing an inspired mix of eclectic fine dining and familiar Southern consciousness, Coles 735 Main brings a playful sense of variety to Lexington’s dining scene. Lexington Kentucky-born Executive Chef Cole Arimes presents a menu of reinvented American classics, global flavors, and rustic artisan dishes. Set in a tastefully refinished historic landmark in downtown Lexington, Coles 735 Main offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere – ideal for romantic fine dining or spirited get-togethers at the inviting indoor bar and outdoor gazebo.
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I get dragged here by well-meaning people when I come to visit and have never finished a salty, expensive steak. It's insanely popular, but I grin and bear it. It's one reason I'm beginning to hate "popular " restaurants in general. One person at my table commented she couldn't finish her meal because it was too salty. I wasn't in a position to say anything but "Thank you" to my hostess. I tried to like it, but always end up leaving hungry and mad.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We held a large (35 people) dinner here. While they do not have a private room, they gave us tables that basically made it a closed dinner. The service was superb and very personable. The food was outstanding—I had the strip steak (normally get a rib eye) and it was outstanding and cooked to a perfect medium rare. The appetizers after fabulous—try the deep fried avocado!

2  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This place never disappoints!! Very consistent! Our family went out to Coles on Saturday for dinner and it was absolutely the best meal! The service was superb, the wine amazing and the food fantastic! I had the NYStrip, which is by far the best in Lexington. Other family members had the filets and bone in filet equally as good (I prefer strips). We also had the creme brûlée for desert which is amazing. The atmosphere is wonderful! Not too loud as Malone’s and Tony’s. If I am spending the money to go out, it is at Coles. Worth every penny!!

3  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 22 August 2018

The food was amazing. Love the atmosphere. New York strip steaks were huge. I had the filet. Cooked perfectly, large and delicious. I was disappointed that they had removed scallops from the menu, because they were to die for, but the filet made a nice recovery. My favorite restaurant in Lexington.

2  Thank BrendaRec
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Tried several restaurants during Lexington's "Restaurant Week" and Coles was a star! The entre was swordfish - cooked perfectly (not easy for swordfish) and the sauce was amazing. Service was very good.

1  Thank lexfrank