“Anniversary dinner”
Review of Coles 735 Main

Coles 735 Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Coles 735 Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 977 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Japanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Ashland
Description: Showcasing an inspired mix of eclectic fine dining and familiar Southern consciousness, Coles 735 Main brings a playful sense of variety to Lexington’s dining scene. Lexington Kentucky-born Executive Chef Cole Arimes presents a menu of reinvented American classics, global flavors, and rustic artisan dishes. Set in a tastefully refinished historic landmark in downtown Lexington, Coles 735 Main offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere – ideal for romantic fine dining or spirited get-togethers at the inviting indoor bar and outdoor gazebo.
Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

A great restaurant for that special occasion! The food was most excellent. The atmosphere was quiet and romantic. Service was attentive and knowedgeable. We enjoyed Mussels for an appetizer, wife had goat cheese salad and I had the Wedge, both were fresh and delicious.

3  Thank btack

Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

The shrimp and grits are very yummy, although not the traditional creamy dish that needs a spoon. The service is outstanding as was the knowledge of the staff of each dish.

3  Thank KatSparkle
Reviewed 27 April 2015

First the downside: One big room with many diners makes for a bit of a din. Also parking is a little problematic with so many patrons. We pulled into a space that was being vacated, and it was the only one in sight. The food , though,was just grand. My wife had mussels and mushrooms after we both had a particularly tasty version of an iceberg salad wedge. My own main course was vegetarian and interesting: a Moroccan stew with quinoa instead of rice as a side dish. It was spicy enough to transport me to the middle east. Delicious! Although there was a nice selection of wines as well as traditional mixed drinks, especially interesting was a couple of pages of Kentucky bourbon possibilities. When in Rome.... So instead of wine I accompanied my dinner with glass of Knob Creek single barrel bourbon, which actually complemented the stew very nicely, while my wife drank wine.

1  Thank RevL05
Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

We went here to celebrate a birthday. The food was flavorful. The menu had a lot of variety. My beef was undercooked. The desserts were very good. The service was average. The ambiance & location was less than desirable. The prices were a little high. I may go back again if I have to attend another occasion or function but do not plan to return for myself.

1  Thank EOMoby
Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

Food was delicious. We had short ribs, lean and tasty. And the special of the night was halibut. Also tasty but not a ton of food. For the price I could have used a heartier side! Service was impeccable. Just a little pricy for what we got!

1  Thank Tntraveler207