“Wow! Amazing Food - especially the steak”
Review of Malone's Palomar

Malone's Palomar
Reserve with OpenTable
Malone's Palomar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 983 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$14 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The best of Lexington. Malone's is Bluegrass Hospitality Group's original concept, Malone's is pleased to serve guests at three Lexington locations: Hamburg, Palomar and Lansdowne. Known for USDA Prime Beef, an extensive wine list and a relaxed atmosphere, Malone's is the perfect place for a business luncheon or family celebration. Enjoy a full service lunch or dinner, including rolled to order, fresh sushi from the Aqua sushi bar. Our diverse menu and over-the-top hospitality are sure to make Malone's your premiere dining destination.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I had the occasion to dine with several friends here for my first time at a Malone's. I was not disappointed. I had a steak that really did melt in your mouth. Atmosphere was terrific, staff was terrific. I will definitely go here again while in Lexington, KY!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Reservations are recommended during peak times (weekends, Keeneland racing meets). We were seated promptly. Service (Diane) was efficient, friendly, helpful) Server kept us laughing throughout the meal. I would recommend light seasoning on your steaks as the kitchen uses a lot of salt and pepper. Otherwise, the bread ( hot and fresh with herb butter) salad (bottomless) wine (I like that you get a choice of 6 or 9 oz), sides, dessert (Apple crisp- make sure you share) were excellent. The management even called us the next day to make sure we had a good experience, which was a nice touch.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Malone’s Palomar is extremely over-rated. Service lacks attention to detail, noise level is very high, and food was decent but not great. We had the calamari app which was more fried peppers than sea meats, split a 9oz filet, had mushrooms & asparagus drenched in butter, and some type of potato that was an over-sized tater-tot. 3 glasses of unimpressive Merlot & cab for $90. Could barely carry a conversation, and was glad it was time to leave. Waitress took our order, but other food runners show up to deliver. Had to beg for water. Eat here if you enjoy large dining halls, chaos & noise. Food was A-/B+, service was D*/C-, atmosphere was D+, wine was D. Overall value C-. You probably have better options.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We went to Malone's for a birthday date. Our waitress was sweet but couldn't answer many questions and explained it was only her second shift. I thought perhaps she should have someone to help her on a very busy night. We ordered a 6oz and 8 oz filet medium and medium rare. When they came my boyfriend thought he had someone else's plate. The two steaks were exactly the same size. We asked our waitress about this and she said it should be right we were charged for the larger steak so it should be right...? Well that might have been okay if the steak was edible. It was so salty I left a large portion of a expensive steak behind and we were disappointed we were out money for steaks we didn't eat and weren't really medium cooked. We cook better at home. If it hadn't been her second shift I'd sent it back but took pity on poor girl,overwhelmed. Sure you can find better in Lexington.

1  Thank Redheadcloud
bluegrasshospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Malone's Palomar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Redheadcloud,
I am so sad to hear about your poor experience with us. I'm sorry your steaks were not to your liking. Also, I apologize for the poor service. I appreciate your feedback and would like to hear more. Would you mind to please send me your contact information (phone/email)? It would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing back from you. We would like the opportunity to make things right. Please have a wonderful day.
Angie May
Corporate Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This was highly recommended and from the reviews I was expecting something special. Turns out it was just average and actually no better than some national chains, but had much higher prices

The salad was below average with a very bland dressing. The prime rib was cold and flavor was just okay. The potato that was a glorified hash brown was absolutely tasteless and came highly recommended by the server. Don't waste your time on this side dish.

Dessert, the apple crisp, was good. So the meal ended well.
I would not go back and cannot recommend this place. Not sure what all of the sports celebrities see in this place.

bluegrasshospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Malone's Palomar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Eric,
I'm so sorry your visit with us was less than satisfactory. Our motto is 100% Guest Satisfaction, 100% of the Time. We obviously failed to meet this goal with you. We would love the opportunity to make things right. I'm reaching out to get your contact information please. A manager from this location would like to touch base with you and have you back as our guest. I hope to hear back from you. Again, I'm extremely sorry about your poor visit with us.
Angie May