“Phenomenal tacos”

La Marquesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #315 of 997 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Excellent experience. Seriously the best barbacoa tacos I've had in the US. I recommend the green sauce that accompanies it. Fresh and loaded with onions and cilantro. Located behind Captain Ds, so it's a little hard to see, but worth the trip. Right near the mall.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

This is by far my favorite mexican restaurant in town and Lexington's best kept secret! It's a small place ran by the owners cooking recipes from their ancestors. The al pastor tacos and fish tacos are the best I've ever EVER had. If you're a seafood lover try the burrito del mar. The guacamole is super fresh, and the salsa has a wonderful homemade taste. And don't miss the opportunity to try the margaritas. They are awesome and don't have that sticky fake sugar taste. They're especially good with a coronita! Give it a try!!

Reviewed 10 July 2016

Our son recommended we try this restaurant. Our order was large in size and tasted very good. It is now at the top of my list for good quality mexican food. With the service and atmosphere you can't beat this place. *****

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Based on good reviews, my wife and I had lunch at this restaurant during a shopping trip to Lexington. We found the food to be outstanding. The chips came with various dipping sauces, and all of them were really great. We also had a cheese dipping sauce that was outstanding. The food was truly authentic having been prepared on the premises. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good Mexican food.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Came in for lunch around 12 on a Sunday. We were the only 2 in there. You need to look for it it sits back off the road. Turn by Captain D's. The chip & salsa were super fresh and the salsa was slightly hot.
I got the 3 taco plate. 3 tacos with your choice of meat with rice or beans. OMG!!
The best. It's On Corn Tortillas. The carnitas and El pasteur were my favorite. The waitress said the recipes are from her husband's grandma. Slivered onions and cilantro are served on top of each. The fresh limes are on the side. I did get a side of fresh guacamole. I loved it. They do have mexican coke and Jaritos. Everything was soooo fresh. I tried to eat them all, could not. Too much food. That's ok lunch tomorrow. Total bill for one was $18. Worth every penny.
Tip: check out the mexican snacks up front. They had big loaves of a sweet mexican bread to buy. I bought one. Can't wait for my boys to eat it.
Go support these nice people. I guarantee we will be back.