“Great Mexican food”

La Marquesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #322 of 1,019 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Based on good reviews, my wife and I had lunch at this restaurant during a shopping trip to Lexington. We found the food to be outstanding. The chips came with various dipping sauces, and all of them were really great. We also had a cheese dipping sauce that was outstanding. The food was truly authentic having been prepared on the premises. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good Mexican food.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Came in for lunch around 12 on a Sunday. We were the only 2 in there. You need to look for it it sits back off the road. Turn by Captain D's. The chip & salsa were super fresh and the salsa was slightly hot.
I got the 3 taco plate. 3 tacos with your choice of meat with rice or beans. OMG!!
The best. It's On Corn Tortillas. The carnitas and El pasteur were my favorite. The waitress said the recipes are from her husband's grandma. Slivered onions and cilantro are served on top of each. The fresh limes are on the side. I did get a side of fresh guacamole. I loved it. They do have mexican coke and Jaritos. Everything was soooo fresh. I tried to eat them all, could not. Too much food. That's ok lunch tomorrow. Total bill for one was $18. Worth every penny.
Tip: check out the mexican snacks up front. They had big loaves of a sweet mexican bread to buy. I bought one. Can't wait for my boys to eat it.
Go support these nice people. I guarantee we will be back.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

We love Mexican food. We have eaten in some pretty good places and I tell you now that everything in this establishment is not only excellent, but amazingly unique.

Everything from salsa to guacamole is small-batch-fresh and just like grandmother made for young Gloria who has (and guards closely) what is apparently an extensive collection of her recipes (Pumpkin blossoms, you bet).

On Reynolds Rd. one block off Nicolasville Rd.; on the left just before Captain D's.

Did I mention their margaritas?

Reviewed 13 August 2015

From the outside, this looks like a little restaurant; once inside, there are several dining areas. Food was good, service was a little slow but the server was very pleasant. Our friend ordered extra veggies - it was a generous portion of steamed veggies that were very tasty!

Reviewed 22 July 2015

This is one of those hidden spots I love to find. Located in small strip mall by fast food spot, this place has beautiful decor--bright colors, good recorded music, huge menu at reasonable prices. Best fresh pico de gallo in town

1  Thank olive421