“Surprise!”

La Marquesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #323 of 977 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 August 2015

From the outside, this looks like a little restaurant; once inside, there are several dining areas. Food was good, service was a little slow but the server was very pleasant. Our friend ordered extra veggies - it was a generous portion of steamed veggies that were very tasty!

Reviewed 22 July 2015

This is one of those hidden spots I love to find. Located in small strip mall by fast food spot, this place has beautiful decor--bright colors, good recorded music, huge menu at reasonable prices. Best fresh pico de gallo in town

1  Thank olive421
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Good friendly service as soon as we walked in & throughout our time spent there. Great because plenty seating so no problem to get a table. It's has expanded its area so plenty seating. It's a bit hidden which probably keeps crowds down. Decor is the usual cliche Mexican but I that's what I always expect anyway. Margaritas were fantastic. Half price for them after 5 pm. The food was really good. Peppers are great as done the correct way of removing skin. Asked for spicy sauces & got two types. The reddish one is pretty hot but got a wonderful smokey taste to it. Compares well with other restaurants with regards to pricing. Will be going back with extended family again.

1  Thank Cin X
Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

After having read a review of this restaurant in the local newspaper almost a year ago, we thought we would give it a try. It was rated quite good and we're always looking for another Mexican restaurant to enjoy. Unfortunately this is not the one. We arrived at 8 PM and there was only one table occupied by one person. That should've been a sign. We thought it was worth giving it a try but we were very wrong. It appears to be a husband and wife run establishment but we couldn't even get our water or salsa refilled. My daughter had the chicken fingers with french fries that came straight out of the freezer and I ordered the carne asada tacos which were so overcooked and poorly prepared that I could not eat them. My wife's chicken fajitas were about the only palatable thing on the table and they were overcooked as well. Trying to explain the poor cooking to the waitress/owner was a terrible waste of time. We won't be back.

6  Thank Otodoc
Reviewed 2 March 2015

I arrived here following tripadvisor very good rating and was thoroughly disappointed.
Pros: Nicely decorated, clean, attentive service.
Cons: The food.
I had the tamale, one with cheese and one with chicken. The cheese turned out to be something that looked like double cream that was poured over the tamale. Certainly not cheese and tasteless. The chicken was OK but for the next 24 hours, reminded me that I had it...suspect that it was spoiled in some way.
Will not come back!