“Dinner”

Add it.
The Cellar Bar & Grille
Ranked #295 of 997 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Description: We are sports bar and grille. We have over 30 TV's, a kids game room, a private dining room that holds up to 16 and 120 seat patio
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

CBR fries are delicious. They are qualified for the best economical meal in the world. Everyone was attentive and the food was great.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

What a nice little hidden gem! We went during a UK football game, expecting to have to wait for a table. We had 14 people and were seated within 5 minutes. There were TVs everywhere. The noise level was pretty high because of the game, but we could still talk to each other. The menu is quite extensive for a pub type sports bar. The prices reflect the upscale offerings, so don't expect a cheap meal. The portions are good though, especially the kids' meals. I think my daughter's meal was about $6, and it was every bit as large as my meal. My only complaint about the food was it was a little bland. I had the lobster bisque, which was almost sweet. I also had the shrimp and grits. The shrimp had a small sprinkling of Old Bay but the grits were almost tasteless. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their food. Our low spot was the server. I know that being a large party, it can be difficult on the server to be super attentive, but there were times that a lot of our glasses sat empty and we didn't see our server for probably 10-15 minutes. Most of our non-eating time was spent waiting to place our orders, waiting for refills, waiting for the checks, etc. Regardless, I would eat here again. The atmosphere was great for watching sports - enjoyable but not rowdy. The menu is large enough to try out a lot of different things.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

The Cellar offers great service, lots of TV's and seating, inside and out. The food is above average and not a pretty good value. The place is very popular and if you want a seat while you watch a UK basketball game, you better come early. They also offer good local entertainment.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

Had dinner at The Cellar Bar & Grille on a Tues evening. Not very busy but it is a nice restaurant. Saw a lot of groups and larger parties. We (party of 2) had the chicken bacon ranch fries. I highly recommend! It is fries, queso, cheese and bacon. The queso has just a little kick and the portion was huge. I had a bowl of lobster bisque which was very creamy and I really liked it. Also had the wedge salad. The wedge was a little smaller than you get in some restaurants but I was happy with it. My friend had the philly cheese steak and enjoyed her meal too. This will definitely be a place that we come back to. Prices are reasonable. My bisque was $5 for the bowl. Wedge was $7. I saw that the burger was $9.50. Entrees ranged from $11 to $19 that I remember. Some entrees might have been a little bit more expensive, but only by a dollar or two.

Reviewed 11 July 2015

We saw this place on the Lexington Burger Week as one of the participants. My wife and I had never even heard of it, but were pleasantly surprised. Its part of an area club and open to the public. It is set up like a sports bar. We both had the burger for only $5 bucks along with a side of onion rings and an appetizer called the chicken bacon ranch. The burger had bacon, smoked gouda cheese, caramelized onions cooked in a bourbon sauce with lettuce and tomato. The burger was cooked perfect and tasty. The onion rings were good, but the appetizer was really, really good. I'm not that big of a fan of ranch dressing, but it was more of a ranch cheese sauce with chicken and bacon all over French fries. We had to push it away so that we could eat our burgers. Our next visit will probably be splitting the appetizer and maybe try some of the beers. We didn't get to try any of their beers this time because I had to work. The service was exceptional and the manager even stopped by to check in on us. The only bad thing I can say, is that I didn't like my booth seat. It was comfortable.