“Local place for good meal”
Review of Nick Ryan's

Nick Ryan's
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick Ryan's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 962 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. Main St. & W. 2nd St.
Description: Modern Southern-American restaurant on Lexington's Historic Jefferson Street. Come enjoy seasonal cuisine, lively atmosphere and good people. 5-10 minute walk to Rupp Arena. Great place to enjoy dinner before the Cats play in Rupp!!!
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Recently had dinner on a Saturday night -busy but not loud or overcrowded. We were able to sit outdoors. Food was very good . Service was excellent. Good bourbon selection. Would go back if I was in the area.

1  Thank Michael Z

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Recently visited on a bumpin' Friday night in downtown Lex! Our table of 6 had a reservation & that's a must. A table away from the bar area is recommended. Our waitress, Stacey, was very good. The pace of the meal was good. The bottles of wine were not doubled in price, like some establishments. We had a huge (entree) salad, some tasty chicken sandwiches, & well prepared dinners of chicken, mahi mahi, and a hot brown. The hot brown was naturally filling, and still very good the next day as a leftover! The real downer about N Ryans is the parking. Street or a very small parking lot tucked behind the building. I had a handicapped sticker and was able to squeeze into the 1 spot they had. Others had to keep circling to find a spot, eventually.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We ordered several things. The Mahi mahi with corn was my favorite but everything was good. The cheesecake was delicious and all wines were good. Service was outstanding. The grits are exceptionally good. I’m not a grits person but these were worth ordering again. We were here almost three hours and were not rushed.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a great dinner at Nick Ryan’s. It was a Thursday night and not crowded. We ate in the bar area. The bartender went out of his way to make sure he had prepared my cocktail the way I like it. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. My husband had a steak, cooked correctly and it was tasty. I ordered the mahi mahi that was served over corn and black beans with an awesome sauce and a wonderful salsa. We had eaten there several years ago and were delighted to return. The only downside may be the parking. We had trouble finding somewhere to park years ago so we took a Lyft from our hotel, which worked out great.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The good ratings are undeserved. My colleague ordered the fried chicken entree and the first iteration was raw. The server and head chef apologized profusely, then returned with the second iteration of the fried chicken entree, which was overlooked. The atmosphere and service are excellent, but the execution in the kitchen are questionable. I'd recommend for drinks and atmosphere, then go elsewhere for dinner.