All reviews smelled fresh and clean full size fridge common areas we've stayed breakfast bar upon check staff was friendly easy access great hotel kroger dishwasher closet towels amenities bed pillows elevator
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Atlanta and then a week later on our way back home to Ohio. Also, my sister lives nearby. This was our first time with this Marriott chain and we were happy that we tried it. We had a king studio room which was adequate for a couple with one exception and that was the lack of counter space in the bathroom which I would estimate to be about one square foot. We liked the kitchen, the closet, and the shower, but I know long term the lack of bath counter space would be a problem for me. Most of the employees were helpful except upon check-in the second time. The female checking us in took a lengthy phone call during the process and it seemed to be personal. She tried to get off and it got so bad I was ready to tell her to get off the phone myself. It was downright rude. I can see us staying at this chain another time.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank GrandmaK1039
Management response:Responded 1 October 2018

Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites Lexington Keeneland/Airport and we hope you choose to create more memories with us whenever your travels bring you back to Lexington. We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Lexington. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback. Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service to guests like you.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Really surprised that the TownePlace Suites Keeneland/Airport is not ranked higher. I can only assume this is because it is so new and people do not know about it yet. I have stayed here three separate times since late May and it has become my go-to in Lexington. It is very clean and a modern hotel. Love the proximity to Kroger, Also, great to be able to grill albeit overlooking the parking lot (big design flaw to put grills and firepit in their locations). As a platinum elite member, I do have to always ask for an upgrade instead of the staff being proactive and upgrading though other rooms are available.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Brand new hotel. The room was updated and very clean, impressive. The hotels staff was friendly and the breakfast was wonderful, lots of options and fresh.
The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars is the pullout couch in the room makes the room cramped and is extremely uncomfortable.
The kitchen was wonderful and the room has a full size fridge. Next to the hotel is a small outdoor Amphitheatre that had live music.

Room tip: Splurge for the larger room if you have more than 2 people.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 617missyn
Caroline D, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lexington Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Missy N, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I appreciate all the things you admired about our hotel as some of your favorite features are many in which we are extremely proud of... especially the service you received. As for the room feeling cramped in the King room, I can understand that being inconvenient and I want to extend my apologies for that. Despite that flaw, I am glad that overall you were extremely pleased. Next time you visit if you can make it over to the Amphitheatre we have lawn chairs that we can loan to you and your guests just stop by the front desk and ask so you can sit and enjoy the music. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Absolutely every experience from pulling into the parking lot to check in, until settling into bed, was exceptional. Staff members were smiling, pleasant, and helpful. No issues with cleanliness anywhere; the attention to detail in housekeeping in the room and common areas was impeccable, and smelled fresh and clean. The breakfast bar was well appointed with an assortment of fresh, healthy choices, and also quick grab-and-go items if you are in a hurry. There is a very nice patio in front complete with top of the line gas grills and an inviting gas lit fire-pit surrounded with comfortable furniture to relax and unwind after a busy day. The king bed room was bright and spacious and offered a surprising fully equipped kitchen. Certainly woke feeling completely rested and ready for the day.

Room tip: I used my AAA discount for a better rate than published
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2018

This was our first stay at a TownePlace Suite, but we will certainly be looking for them at future travel destinations! The room was immaculate, the staff helpful, and the common areas smelled fresh and clean. Everything we ate for breakfast was tasty.

As a germophobe, I especially appreciate the layout of the shower. No more nasty shower curtains to touch, not even a glass door! The showerhead is on one end of the stall, the lever on the other, and the floor is sloped down so that the water is contained by half of a glass wall instead of the usual entire wall. I hope more hotels will embrace this design. If we are in the Lexington area again, this will be my first choice for accommodations.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Caroline D, Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Lexington Keeneland/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I am so thrilled you like the newly designed showers! We look forward to your future visits.