All reviews historic hotel southern charm large indoor pool breakfast buffet an older hotel red mile close to downtown ice machine bourbon trail rooms are large beds were comfortable king bed staff was very friendly lexington area bogarts curios lobby
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as it was the host hotel for the Run the Bluegrass Half Marathon.

Easy to find in Lexington and only 11 mins from Keeneland where the race and expo was held. Free Parking and the restaurant had breakfast included if you were a diamond member.
Check in was easy but very confusing on the directions to the room. the FD staff said that the elevator was out of service that day so the stairs had to be taken.

This is where the mix reviews come in.
HIGHLY confusing to find the room. It was a corner room and it took sbout 10mins to locate it. Once inside, and settled in, I took notice of the "issues" in the room. I went back to the FD with the concerns and to the Supervisors credit, she took care of my concerns promptly. So service to guest is rated very high.

The layout of this hotel has A LOT to be desired. No where are there signs pointing to the lobby area. Several times I got lost and ended up outside the building and having to make my way to the front doors again to access the lobby. At first, I thought it was me but several other guests that I came across in the hallways had the same exact "lost" look. Poor signage to the fitness room and ballrooms. As one guest said, would we make it out of the building if there was ever a fire?

Internet in my room was non exsistant and I tried to log on with no success. One window in the room needs blackout curtains as the outside light filters in from the blind directly onto the right side of the bed making it hard to sleep and being a corner room, facing the HWY so of course, all night long the sirens of ambulsnce/fire/police could be heard. This room in my opinion was poorly renovated, however, like I mentioned, the Supervisor helped reduced my room rate with other issues that I didnt ask to move and they were also booked up for the nights I was staying.

I would recommend staying there, just not in room 2040 and be prepared to be confused by the layout.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Rooms were clean and staff was very friendly. The beds are comfortable and you can't beat the location. Great breakfast in the hotel restaurant big portions at a reasonable price. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The Campbell House is a charming hotel. It seems very old school and the rooms are comfortable and very clean. We received a warm welcome from the front desk agent and she had a great recommendation for a restaurant for our dinner. We came to visit the University of Kentucky and this hotel is located very close to campus and also not far from the downtown area. It was quiet and comfortable. The beds were very comfy and we had a nice, restful evening!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this quaint hotel with a huge pool! Rooms clean and comfortable. Nice old hotel with neat features. Nice bar area . We stayed on first floor and it was very convenient. Staff very nice and polite.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The hotel is beautiful. It is clean and my room was nicely decorated. The road noise was terrible. The HVAC so loud it woke me every time it came on. I had a 6:00 a.m. flight so sleep would have been nice. The bathroom as zero counter space and your knees will touch the bathtub unless you sit sideways on the toilet (TINY!!!). I tried to get ready for the day in the room (hair and makeup) but there was no outlet near a mirror. The whole process was difficult. I recommend this place if you aren't in a hurry to get going in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business