“Good food”

Rowena Landing Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The first day ( Thursday) we ate here for early lunch, service was lacking to say the least. Food was good. We ate off of the menu. No buffet, other than salad offered on weekdays. We ate here also on Friday night off the buffet. Food was good and hot, and fresh. The key is to get there early so the food is hot and fresh. Great view for lunch as we had a window view of beautiful Lake Cumberland. Dinner time it doesn't matter in the Fall as it gets dark faster. Friday night service was excellent.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We enjoyed a great breakfast to get our day started. Our waiter was very friendly and very attenative.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

well to start it off my maternal beloved grandmother flossie wilson foley worked as a house keeper at lure lodge of 7 plus yrs worked under dallas wade. as a child in the 1970s i was able to go with her often to work. i remember a room 2 nd floor with pics of 1776-1976. in feb 1976 i was 8 yrs old.my grandparents loren and flossie foley had their 50th anniversary wedding. in the recreation room next to lure lodge. i was 8 yrs old and danced at the reception. today i am 50. and my husband and I celebrated 10 yrs of marriage. eating at lure lodge. we live in southern indiana. and we drove down to just eat today. but we both went in the recreation room and my husband twirled me today and i danced like i did in 1976. the buffet was ok. the food was dry. I am not a fan of seafood. and the buffet didnt offer much for people like myself that don't like seafood. the food was delicious but dry, we did eat the salad bar it was great the desert was delicious. the view was gorgous. we took camcorder shots of the lake and boats on the lake. we didn't stay. we had to head back to indiana. my parents oris and gladys rexroat. are buried in neighboring russell springs ky. i come down to russell springs ky every weekend and jamestown but rarely go down to lake cumberland resort. it had been over a year since me or my husband was last there. its a long drive. and time consuming today was 10 yrs of happiness wedding memories. we thought it would be nice to go down put flowers on my parents gravesite and eat at lake cumberland and head back. its almost 5 and a half hr. trip all together but. I believe lake cumberland is the most gorgous lake in the usa.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Ate here late our first night. Did not do the buffet as we weren't that hungry. It was average. Service was average. Too late to enjoy the view.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

The view (aside from the scaffolding) of Lake Cumberland is beautiful. On our first meal there this stay, we had a less than awesome experience. The rest of the week was average. The food isn't anything special, but has went up in price.