“Beautiful view. Nice Staff.”

Rowena Landing Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Jamestown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 May 2017

In May my husband and I stayed at the lodge so we ate at the restaurant there within the lodge. They automatically seat you at the window if a table is available. the view is gorgeous. The waitresses we had were very friendly and made us feel very welcomed. The food was good, not excellent (the reason for the 4 star). We never had to wait long to be seated even when half the restaurant was full. You can order off the menu or the buffet. They were several choices on the buffet for each meal (we ate their for each meal: late lunch, dinner, breakfast). Salad bar was nice with fresh fruit. Once in the state park there are really only two places to eat, here and the restaurant at State Dock Marina. When staying in the lodge, it's nice to have a good place to go eat.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

We had lunch here and it was fantastic! My husband ordered the KY brown and loved it! I ordered all you can eat catfish and it was delicious -best I have ever had! Service and view and great food - couldn't ask for more!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Kentucky State Resort Parks always score high on food. Rowena Landing is no exception. Nice selection (I recommend the seafood platter and hot brown). Very tasty and reasonably priced. Friendly service!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Great view of the lake! Very pleasant and attentive servers.

Food is absolutely barely adequate. We never tried the buffet as it wasn't open for breakfast or lunch for some reason. The burgers and chicken that the kids ordered were no better than a fast food restaurant. The pancakes at breakfast were "gritty." Our steak salad (steak cooked medium rare) was so overdone that it was nearly black, chewy and completely unseasoned.

The only thing I can recommend is the hot brown sandwich. It's amazing. I got to taste a bite of a friend's.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

We were hoping to have the dinner buffet at this restaurant on a Sunday evening. However, they didn't offer it, so we had their specials. They provided us with huge plates full of food that looked good but only average tasting. We have had better food before at this restaurant.