“Lunch”

Big Blue Smokehouse
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Hazard
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch due to some of the reviews. I had to find out for myself if this was worthy of 4 plus stars. I attempted to enter the restaurant but the first set of doors I csm to were locked. I had to reach the 3rd set to get inside, which was not a big deal. I ordered the rings, slaw, beans, and a side of pineapple casserole. Everything tasted wonderful. I highly recommend this place. The bbq is awesome.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with my wife... she is a big fan and insisted we stop while traveling on a trip down south. The restaurant is clean... salad bar was well stocked with a good selection. However 45 minutes later we find that our meals were just being prepared. No explanation from the waitress just a very apologetic manager trying to explain why her waitress consistently waited on tables full of locals while everyone else waited. Terrible parking, terrible service and will NOT return.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Have stopped here many times going through town. For this area of our state their bbq is excellent. However service is slow. Realize that it is a sit down place and you will wait. However, most recent visit was just my spouse and me and we ordered two very basic meals. 45 minutes later manager tells us our food is on now and will be out in a minute. Granted they did have multiple large parties in there, but attention was focused on them and no one else. We ended up having to leave due to having to get on road. Disappointing!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Driving an RV through town and it was lunchtime. Wifee googled and they came up as best BBQ around Went No disappointment here. Very yum yum.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

We found this place last December on a trip to Virginia, and were so impressed, that on this trip, we just had to stop. Top of the line service and food. The sliders are excellent, and this time I had the potato soup...wow. Not a easy place to get too and the parking is crazy, but if you are going from Lexington to Abingdon, VA, on Hgy 15, stop.