“Service is great, brisket was only ok...”

Big Blue Smokehouse
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Hazard
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

I stopped by here when I was craving some good bbq. It was my first visit and I would go back to try again, but not for the brisket sandwich or Mac and cheese side. I first have to say the service was outstanding. Wait staff was very attentive and friendly. Went with the brisket sandwich as a highly recommended item, however, was not impressed with the extra thin slices that made me feel like I was eating a thin sliced roast beef. I tried their two famous bbq sauces, both were tasty, one was sweet and the other was spicy, but not the hot spicy... had the flavors of a good mixture of ingredients to where you could tell it was home made. Both were excellent. Well, the mac and cheese was a little runny.. by that, I mean watery. Not sure why the consistency was made that way. However, I wouldn't base a future trip all on one experience. I will return again when I am in the area but will for sure try other items.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Went here with 3 colleagues. Picked it as it was right next door to hotel but probably wouldn’t go back. Service was very iffy and the food just about adequate. Everything from the fried pickles to the pulled pork seemed to be over cooked and dry. The place did the trick only because we were tired after a long drive but Big Blue is a long way from good southern bbq.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Stopped by for a snack and tried a few items, the ribs are very good. brisket is also but the best thing we found is the pineapple casserole it is delicious. Definitely be back when in town.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Food was reasonably priced and tasted really good. I recommend the pulled pork. My daughter had the brisket and said it was excellent. Cold beer on tap and friendly staff

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I eat here when I have to stay in town for work. Good food and good service. Wish they stayed open later for drinks. Side salads are small but good. Hard place to find if you don't know the area.