“Good place”

Big Blue Smokehouse
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Hazard
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I eat here when I have to stay in town for work. Good food and good service. Wish they stayed open later for drinks. Side salads are small but good. Hard place to find if you don't know the area.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Stop by after a long day of work with the entire crew. The restaurant was not very busy so we are able to seat eight people immediately. The waitress service was excellent. Our waitress came around in a very regular basis offered suggestions for appetizers and kept our drinks full. We ordered a variety of food from pulled pork sandwiches to a full rack of ribs. I had the big blue smokehouse burger which was very good. It was a hamburger with a pile of pulled pork and melted cheese on top and all the garnish. Really good! The appetizers were very good also. We had the fried onion, and the pulled pork potatoes skins. I have had better barbecue in other areas however, big blue was very good and worth the stop

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Our group decided to go to BBS for a late dinner at 8PM on a Saturday. Did not have to wait in the dining room to be seated. Waitress immediately took our drink order. When she returned with our drinks she took our food order. Did not take too long for food. I will give you our groups opinion on food.... The pulled pork had a good flavor and there are 3 sauces to choose from. A sweet that I liked and a vinegar and hotter sauce that others tried and approved, One commented the chicken was very dry but liked the ribs as well as the Pulled Pork. Another tried the brisket and highly recommended. Sides......Slaw is a vinegar slaw and was decent. I tried baked beans that had a good flavor but were fairly plain...they might try adding a little Pork to it to make it something special. Crinkle cut fries were fine. One had mac and cheese and said it was good. Drinks....Sweet tea was fine, could have been a little stronger. Beers were fine. Prices were very good. Someone commented on the bun for the PP sandwich. I agree a different larger bun might be a good idea. Over all a very good experience and I would definitely return when in the area.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The last time we ate there was months ago and it was bad. We decided to give it another try and it was awesome! My daughter and I had the chicken skillet and my husband had the catfish dinner. Our waitress was the best we've had ever!!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

My favorite dish at the BBS is chicken fettuccine and my husband usually gets ribs. We've been many times and usually get really good food.