“Good Special”
Review of Captain D's

Captain D's
Ranked #15 of 42 Restaurants in Hazard
Reviewed 23 June 2017

My husband and I stopped at this Captain D's drive thru for some fries. They had a special up on the board, so we ended up getting a full meal. It was hot and fresh. The staff seemed friendly.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

The food is what it is but this restaurant was clean and well lit, and the service was surprisingly fast. Our order was correct and the food arrived hot and fresh. Much better than the other fast food seafood restaurant in town, better location, too.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

When we want seafood in Hazard, we have two choices, Captain D's and Long John Silver's. As far as taste, I have no preference. Here are Captain D's advantages:

They are on the west end of Hazard, near most of the local motels and shopping areas, close to the intersection of Highway 15 and Route 80.

They have daily specials, including two Senior Days each week.

They have a drive-thru and a friendly staff

Negatives? It seems like their servings are slightly smaller, and I wasn't impressed with the crab. It was like stove-top dressing crammed into a crab shell and baked. A plastic fork is inadequate for removal.

I still recommend Captain D's, but skip the crab.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

this resturant is without doubt the best resturant ive ever been to in the u s a excellent food excellent staff and outstanding manager debra house who runs this resturant recomend 5 star plus

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The food was good, about what you expect at a Captain D's seafood house. The service was slow, but it was polite and conscientious. If I am in Hazard and want seafood I would go again, otherwise I wouldn't.