“Nice surprise”

Ponderosa Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Hazard
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Had dinner last night with our 2 grand babies. I had the little sirloin with the buffet and my husband had the senior buffet. My steak was tender and juicy. Loved the vegetable soup. The salad bar was fresh and well stocked. Sufficient selection in entrees ( chicken, meatloaf , spaghetti , breaded fish ) , sides and vegetables.
kids 3 and under are free. Our waiter was very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

My ponderosa closed about 30 years ago, so when I saw ponderosa in hazard we had to stop. They still have good steaks, And a very large buffet. Very good selection and the service was very good also.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Wife and I were on an extended motorcycle trip with another couple. Had supper there at the end of a long day of riding. Our entrees were at the table before we were even through with our salads. The steaks were cooked perfectly. Our wait staff was always attentive to our needs, kept our drink glasses filled and cleared empty plates. Their friendliness and can-do attitudes were very pleasant and made us feel welcome.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My family and I stopped at this Ponderosa while traveling through the area. We had the buffet and also grilled and fried shrimp. The grilled shrimp was excellent but the fried shrimp was a bit overdone. Our server swapped it for some grilled shrimp. The buffet was well stocked with fresh, hot foods. Our favorites were the fried fish, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes. Throughout the visit our server checked back often, brought us drink refills several times, and was professional and friendly. Overall we enjoyed our visit to this Ponderosa and will stop back whenever we are in the area.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My husband an I only had the buffet but everything we ate was pretty good. Our waitress was awesome too.