Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$124
Expedia.comUS$152
Hotels.comUS$150
TravelocityUS$150
CheapTicketsUS$150
HurbUS$160
All reviews shaker village west family unique experience farm animals peaceful place farm to table celery soup family style different buildings beautiful surroundings wonderful food friday night gift shop trustees tour history grounds
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2021

I had a very nice room in the Old Stone Shop and enjoyed walking around the village. Most buildings were open with informative signs plus there was a guided outside tour. I felt I could dig into the history as much or as little as I wanted.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Denny G
Bob Gigliotti, Other at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2021

Thanks for visiting, exploring and staying overnight with us at Shaker Village. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed exploring throughout the Village. As you stated, when doing a self guided tour, you can spend as much time as you like exploring the many historic buildings, artifacts and information available. We hope you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2020

There are many different buildings that one may choose to stay in overnight. The website will show a map of the village and the available rooms, floors, and prices along with two or three pictures of each room. All the rooms are different. There are no elevators and even getting into the buildings there may be several steps. We booked about a week in advance for a Friday. Check-in at 3:00 was efficient and friendly. All buildings will require you to walk at least a short distance with your luggage to reach them. For this reason we each took a light weight soft sided tote bag that was much easier getting up the stairs than a suitcase would have been. The room was clean and looked just like the picture. I had not expected a tv but there was one hidden behind a closed hanging cabinet. We chose a Friday night because on that night there was live music from 5:30-8:30 in an area next to the Trustees Table and a small hut opened at the place for beer and wine purchases. Many of the buildings were closed at 5:00. The next morning after breakfast we continued looking into the buildings. Checkout is at 11:00 but we managed to keep busy until about 3:00 and felt we had done the place justice. Very relaxing. Nothing going on in evening except for dinner at the Trustees Table which reservations are recommended since space is limited with COVID. There were also some tables outside.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank tlynn63
Bob Gigliotti, Innkeeper at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2020

Thanks for visiting and exploring Shaker Village recently. I appreciate the time you took to write a detailed review. I'm happy that you enjoyed the entire experience and had the opportunity to stay overnight. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2020

Our family spent a wonderful two days and one night at the Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill. It was the perfect amount of time to enjoy this beautiful landmark. The grounds are lovely and so peaceful. It's the ideal place to refresh and reboot during cool, crisp autumn days and nights.

We stayed in a suite and it was clean and very comfortable.

We ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. The meals were delicious and the staff was so friendly.

We chose one of the trails to hike in the morning. It was marked as "easy" but was a wonderful workout and a great way to spend the morning.

I can't wait to return in either the winter or the spring!

Date of stay: October 2020

Thank you for visiting Shaker Village. I appreciate your business and the feedback provided. It looks like you enjoyed the experience and were able to take a lot in. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 August 2020

My friend and I wanted to spend a relaxing weekend during these crazy times. We decided that Shaker Village was the place. The grounds are just gorgeous and very well kept. Alex and Elizabeth at the check in desk were very nice and friendly. There was a small gift shop with lots of nice items. It took us a while to find our room, but once we did, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, very cozy and had a very nice atmosphere. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because the walk from parking to your room is pretty far. You have to walk thru grass and carry your luggage. I realize that they are trying to preserve the grounds, but my friend has had both of her feet broken and it was a little difficult for her. This is probably a crazy suggestion, but golf carts might be nice. Other that that, our visit was wonderful. I can't wait to return when the carriage rides and more activities are open and running.

Date of stay: August 2020
Bob Gigliotti, Innkeeper at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2020

Thanks for visiting and staying at Shaker Village. I appreciate your feedback and will share it with the staff. I'm glad that Alex and Elizabeth made a difference in your stay. We hope to see you again on a future trip to Shaker Village.

Reviewed 14 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed at Shaker village for a girls weekend. We had the entire building to ourselves. We were in the upstairs that had one bedroom with two full beds a very large living room with a full bed, sofa, two chairs and even a little bar. Families would love staying at this location as there’s a microwave refrigerator so they could do some light cooking.
The highlight for us was in the evening after we had had dinner on the grounds.
We saw that there was a fire pit and some Adirondack chairs outside and asked for some matches to start a fire.
The manager of the restaurant said Not to worry about it that they would send someone from maintenance over there and start to a nice fire.
We sat outside until well after dark in our jammies watching the stars and listening to all the animals in the pitch dark. It was truly joyous and it was a highlight of our weekend. Thanks goes to the entire staff at Shaker town for their care.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Bob Gigliotti, Innkeeper at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill - The Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2020

Thanks for staying at Shaker Village recently and taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to see that your girls weekend experience here was so positive. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to hear from you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.