All reviewshiking trailsrooms are cleanworking orderstate resort parksswimming poolnearest town ispaddlinglobby
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The staff at this state owned lodge will do everything they can to make your stay great. Although the rooms are somewhat dated its something one can overlook for the price. The portions they serve at dinner are enormous and well worth the value. Again, the wait staff is awesome .

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor appear much more spacious because they have cathedral ceilings. Its a quiet retreat to read, and enjoy nature.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank alexanderohio
Cary L, General Manager at Greenbo Lake State Resort (Jesse Stuart Lodge), responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us and the great comments. Please contact me upon your next stay.

caryq.lyle@ky.gov

Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the lodge on July 22. The rooms were clean but were a little out dated. The food was very good the evening that we were there. We also enjoyed the lodge pool and game room. We rented a canoe the next morning and was out on the lake for about 2 hours and we also enjoyed that. We plan to return in the Fall.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Avalanche03

Thank you for staying with us, we most certainly appreciate your patronage. Please contact me upon your next visit. caryq.lyle@ky.gov

Reviewed 27 July 2012

The lodge and food are of average quality compare to other KY state resort parks I have been too. Rooms are clean, but state park food has usually underflavored and tasteless food in my experience.

Beware of the Claylick Loop Trail. First of all the trail is not accessible from inside the park. We had to drive back to the main road and around to the back of the park, about a 20 minute drive. We went on what was supposed to be a 7 mile loop trail marked by blue blazes, part of the trail follows the lake, but you can't see the lake. It was marked by blue blazes, but so was every other trail it intersected with. Some of the other trail colors had been painted over the same color. We hiked probably 10 miles before I decided to take a steep horse trail that lead down to the lake. Luckily it came out by a ranger station down by the lake and a worker called the ranger for us. He explained the trail should have been closed, as the trails were badly mismarked. He drove us back to our car with an apology. He had apparently had to "rescue" numerous people from the trail.

Carter Caves state resort park is a better choice in my opinion and not far from Greenbo Lake. The hiking trails are also far superior.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cb714me
Cary L, General Manager at Greenbo Lake State Resort (Jesse Stuart Lodge), responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Please contact me about the issue you had with the Clay Lick Loop trail. I would like to know more details. Thank you for choosing Greenbo Lake State Resort Park as your destination.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a family reunion. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though when you first walk in the door, you're in the bathroom - odd. The restaurant has an excellent dinner buffet, breakfast not so good. The lodge is in a state park, forested and hilly, with good hiking trails and a lake for fishing. The pool is clean and well maintained. We drove to the small town of Greenup, about 8 miles away, which has fast food places and restaurants. The town is right on the Ohio river, some nice views of the river from several locations. If you're a golfer, River Bend golf club is only 3 miles from the lodge - nice little course. If you're wanting some rest and relaxation, this lodge and state park fills the bill.

Room Tip: second and third floor have a balcony overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here 2x. It's a beautiful area. The rooms are clean. Love having a balcony. The restaurant has an amazing Hot Brown. There's a lot to do here. They put activity lists in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012