All reviews rooms are clean state resort parks swimming pool nearest town is paddling lobby
Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a family reunion. The rooms are clean and comfortable, though when you first walk in the door, you're in the bathroom - odd. The restaurant has an excellent dinner buffet, breakfast not so good. The lodge is in a state park, forested and hilly, with good hiking trails and a lake for fishing. The pool is clean and well maintained. We drove to the small town of Greenup, about 8 miles away, which has fast food places and restaurants. The town is right on the Ohio river, some nice views of the river from several locations. If you're a golfer, River Bend golf club is only 3 miles from the lodge - nice little course. If you're wanting some rest and relaxation, this lodge and state park fills the bill.

Room Tip: second and third floor have a balcony overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here 2x. It's a beautiful area. The rooms are clean. Love having a balcony. The restaurant has an amazing Hot Brown. There's a lot to do here. They put activity lists in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank AmberBee_OG
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I'm a Michigan native and am not accustomed to state parks that have hotels and restaurants. I've stayed at the Greenbo Lake resort twice, and loved it both times. I think the restaurant's menu is a bit limited, but who cares, right? I mean a restaurant in a state park? I'll take it! The rooms here are quite nice--hotel quality--and the surroundings, of course, are beautiful. Lots to do here, but I preferred sitting on the deck with a good book and listening to the wind blow through the tree tops.

Room Tip: I prefer the second floor, because I like having a deck, rather than a patio.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank indyslf
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My sweetie and I did the Valentine package a couple of weeks and we had a great time! This property is overlooking the lake and has a restaurant. There isn't really much else to do, especially in the winter time, but it is so peaceful and wonderful place for couples to go. The Valentine's Package was very nice--with a room, dinner for two and a show. We had a wonderful time and would go back for some of the package deals!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KentuckyTravelBug80
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This is a really good Lodge one of many in the Kentucky park system. The lodge had a great new years eve party with many people and a great time was had by all attending. The lodge has a calming effect on you, walk the trails even in the winter time. You should leave all your electronics at home and just get away from the electronic leash world.

Room Tip: "2nd and 3rd floors have balcony's"
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple