All reviews rooms are clean state resort parks swimming pool nearest town is paddling lobby
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We had a wonderful time at Greenbo. The rooms are small but sufficient for what we needed. We really enjoy the pool and renting the pontoon boat. It is a must if you really want to understand why people come back to Greenbo! The water is clear enough to see the fish swimming.

The game room does have some broken items but the ping pong table made for a great laugh every night.

The staff is wonderful and very friendly. The front desk, the staff at the marina and the manager Carey was really helpful in making Greenbo the spot for a great family trip on a tight budget!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kcatjohnson
Reviewed 29 March 2010

My wife and I booked this property while visiting friends in the area. After staying in an underwhelming Days Inn during our last visit, we were stunned to find this property equally priced. Although it's a bit remote (it took us about 40 minutes to get to Flatwoods), it was a very beautiful little park that provided a nice, relaxing weekend for the both of us.

The property requires driving about 12 miles down winding, hilly roads. Once you are at the park, the directions to the lodge are very well marked. The lodge itself is typical state park, although the doors open to the outside. The facility is very clean and well kept. Although we did not eat at the restaurant, it did have quite a few patrons, even for an off-season weeknight. The room is smallish, with wood-paneled walls and wooden supported ceilings. The furnishings were simple, but functional. The balcony was a very nice touch, with two chairs which overlooked the woods and the playground. We got a very restful, quiet night of sleep.

Both of the pools (hotel and public) were closed, so we cannot comment on those facilities.

While there, we hiked several of the trails. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Publius2003
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Although an avid reader and resident of Kentucky, I'd never gotten around to discovering Kentucky native Jesse Stuart until my stay here, where the lodge library afforded me a selection of his works, both prose and poetry. Great to read by the pool, on the balcony, or resting on a bench by the beautiful lake. Interesting to see the old schoolhouse where he first taught as well as learn the history of iron-forging in this region. Yummy dining (the Hot Brown is recommended), a clean and comfortable room, and friendly and competent staff all made for a great overnighter. Another fine KY state resort park.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank otterhere
Reviewed 11 July 2009

I can't tell you how happy I was that with the staff and the clean rooms! My sheets were crisp and clean and my stay was great. I didn't eat in the cafeteria but did enjoy the paddleboating, pool and mini golf. I will tell you the game room needs updating since some of the games do not work. The staff more than made up for that though!

Would go back in a heartbeat! Use your AAA card for a discount and save money.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2006

Christmas by an open fire, Carols floating in the air, Crafts and baked goods to tantalize the senses, Christmas trees all around, and Christmas Spirit everywhere. Extreemly friendly staff, excellent southern cooking and wonderful walking trails and scenery. Rooms are adequate state park types, but then again we only slept in the comfortable beds after long walks and good eats.

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)