“Best Holiday Inn Property I've Stayed In”

Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Georgetown
Marina, California
“Best Holiday Inn Property I've Stayed In”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I've ended up staying in a number of Holiday Inn properties over the years. Many times, these are older, run down places that could use makeovers, if not complete rehabs. And this goes for all the brands: Express, Select, Crowne Plaza, as well as the regular "Holiday Inn" name that this hotel carries. I generally just don't see them as being a good brand.
This could certainly be the biggest exception to that though. It's extremely nice, it seems to be brand new, and both the accommodation quality and service level are top-notch.
I found the property very easy to find off of the highway, and the location was extremely convenient to the adjacent shopping areas.
We were checked in quickly and efficiently by a courteous and professional desk clerk. I had no idea the hotel had a bar (and a very good bar, at that), so we came back down after dropping off our stuff, and the desk clerk had actually looked up my Priority Rewards number and, because I had forgotten it, wrote it down for me. The bar and the lobby are very modern looking, to the point that the hotel looks to be no more than a year old. Everything was bright and clean.
In the room, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the TV worked well. The bathroom was also very nice.
The hotel is in a position geographically where I'm likely to come through Georgetown again. When I do, I'll be staying here. You should too.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
holidayinngeorgetow, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We pride ourself in delivering top notch service to our guests. Kem's Restaraunt and Lounge is a great place to grab dinner and a drink while unwinding after a long day. We are thrilled that you had a memorable experience and hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The Holiday Inn Georgetown, Kentucky is the spot that you need to choose for your travel plans for your team when playing Georgetown College. They can serve all your needs while you stay there. They can feed your team and have all your meetings on site. We stayed there and the staff was able to feed 113 people in our travel party. They did this with ease and accommodated every request we had. The hotel is immaculate and the price for the rooms and foor were reasonable. The chef there is great and food was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to any team large or small. We would never consider another hotel in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Were so glad you enjoyed your stay. Your group was a delight. Let us know when we can assist you again with your lodging and catering needs.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Here is a great place to stay if you are headed to this part of Kentucky. I HATE Lexington because of the traffic, and total lack of charm, so I always stay in Georgetown. It is less than 30 minutes from all the places I have to go, and quiet and comfortable. This hotel is nice, clean, new and well- kept. There are plenty of dining options in the area, and this hotel is far enough off the road to be fairly peaceful. On my recent 4 day stay, I found it to be an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have neat windows that give you light from two sides.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Taterx
Thank you for the kind words about our establishment. Did you know that along with the variety of restaraunts in the area we also have Kems Restaraunt and Lounge located inside the hotel? Kem's offers a variety of options for breakfast and dinner. Stop in and give us a try on your next visit to the area.
Indiana
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I made reservations before we went they told me the rate was $99 a night for two nights, when I got my bill they charged the second night $109.00. I ask about it and she told me that when you sign in it says on the paper that they can change the price. So be ware of hidden cost. As for the room it was nice but sometimes you have hot water in the shower and sometimes you don`t. I also said something to the front desk about it and she said they knew it so I guess they are`nt going to fix it. The staff is not very knowledgeable about the hotel. No free breakfast. The reason I gave it poor rating because they seem very deceptive. On pet cost first they say $50 per stay. On the web it says $75 and the front desk says $50 per pet per night, which is it. Also they charge $250 or so it you don`t tell them. Don`t trust a hotel that charges what they want after you get a price. Very scary We will not stay there again. No wonder people are buying campers, who wants to put up with all of this.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank popbottle
holidayinngeorgetow, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Dear Guest,

• Management was approached about making registration costs firm when made.

• Maintenance was instructed to see to the repair of the problem of not always being able to get hot water in the room assigned to you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Holiday Inn Lexington-North Georgetown. I think you will be very pleased.

Hotel Manager.
illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is very pretty. Everything looks so fresh and clean. Our beds were entirely too comfortable. So why the 3 stars? Well...our bathroom would not unlock so we had to be careful to leave it open when we were done. I was also surprised to find out that the breakfast was complimentary. We ended up in the restaurant one evening and it was terribly disorganized and the food wasn't very good especially considering the price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
holidayinngeorgetow, Webmaster at Holiday Inn Express Lexington-North Georgetown, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Lexington-North Georgetown for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found everything to be so nice for the most part.

1) Maintenance was notified of the problem with the bathroom door in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

2) Restaurant staff was notified of your review and consulted as to what could be done to improve the quality of the food.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Holiday Inn Lexington-North Georgetown. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.