“The abolute best authentic Pad Thai ever!!”

Mai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 238 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2016

My husband and I dined here this evening for our anniversary dinner. We ordered 2 appetizers, he had the spring rolls golden brown(from soaking the rice paper in sugar water) served with a sweet plum like sauce and I had the tempura fish sliced in a real nice long piece of fish. This appetizer, which the actual name escapes me at the moment was fantastic served wit spicy mayo served over some thinly sliced cabbage, carrots, cucumber and pickled ginger on the side. The fish so tender and melted in my mouth. Had some extra sweet sauce and poured that over the veges. Outstanding. For our entrees, we both had the chicken Pad Thai(10.95), my (4)hots, his mild. Quite the ample portion and the service was outstanding as usual. We had to take to go boxes. Great meal all around as we have been many time prior to this visit. We even received a coffee mug highlighted their 10th anniversary. Typically if you arrive after 5:30 ish, you will have to wait. Well worth it!! I usually have the Volcano roll $13 and it is a meal in itself and super fresh sushi as well.

1  Thank catman261

Reviewed 4 May 2016

We give this two stars for the décor, otherwise:
- Waiter didn't understand when we asked for some hot sauce
- Waiter had a hard time describing the differences between certain dishes
- Sushi was small and uneventful
- Red curry was runny like soup, comprised mostly of cream(??!!) and almost 0 curry and other flavors. Tasteless vegetables and meat were thrown in at the last minute - that is, it was not simmered in a red curry = WORST curry I've ever eaten.
- My husband's Pad Thai was also nothing special
- Portions were small
- Wine was cheap tasting (I sampled the Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc)
- Prices were high for the size and quality of food presented

I have eaten at many Thai restaurants across the Midwest and abroad. This ranks the lowest.

1  Thank curtis_julianne
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Very good food and presentation. Server was very shy, very attentive. Music was way to loud which made conversation difficult.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

We had a great time with friends, excellent service and food.
If we go for Thai food we alway go to Mai Thai.

1  Thank Uwe B
Reviewed 18 April 2016

We went here on the recommendation of Trip Advisor. We do like Thai food and this was a good representation. We tried the recommended appetizer special--a shrimp dumpling and split an asparagus and shrimp entree in from the menu. A sticky rice and mango dessert topped off the meal. Service was good and not intrusive. They do believe in allowing patrons to take their time over a meal, so it is not speedy fast but just fine for us. We're glad we found this place on the site.

1  Thank kgilbert78

Been to Mai Thai Restaurant? Share your experiences!