“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Erlanger
Lexington, Kentucky
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed here this weekend and was really disappointed. I checked tripadvisor before the trip and the reviews looked pretty good. I'm not sure if the management here is posting bogus "great" reviews or what! The only good thing about this stay was the $65/night rate, however by the next morning I would have gladly paid $20 more to be next door at the Holiday Inn. When you walk in the hotel and the stools behind the counter are ripped and they're erasing room numbers and re-using the slips to put your room key in, that may need to be your first clue as to what kind of place you're staying in.

Where to start.....The sink is not located in the bathroom. It's out in the room. That's a little gross for me, but to not even leave two bars of soap per room is ridiculous. Went to the front desk to ask for another bar of soap (one for sink/one for tub), was told they were out of soap. Really!? Would think this would be an item you keep in stock! There are four of us in our room. I guess they feel like two towels are sufficient for four people? Another trip to the front desk.

The breakfast was terrible. The lady practically yelled/made a scene because I didn't spray the waffle iron with "conditioner", which it didn't need. The waffle came out fine. The "fresh" biscuits brought while we're standing there are cold. Then my daughter finds a hair in the gravy. Enough!

I normally don't post pictures, but felt they're truly worth a 1000 words! Pictures are mainly of bathroom condition. One is of what was found under the mattress. Wish I had my camera at breakfast so you could have seen the hair in the gravy.

My advice is to spend the few extra dollars and stay at the Holiday Inn which is located directly in front of this hotel. Really feel like tripadvisor let me down on this stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank C_Ky_Traveller_

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Good size room with a very comfortable king bed. Breakfast very good with a selection of items. Staff very friendly and helpful. Shuttle to/from airport every half hour worked well. Overall a very ggod choice for a stopover near Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky airport at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Old Hickory, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Close to airport. Not too expensive. Basic breakfast / services. Clean.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I travel on business at least once a month. I've stayed in every hotel chain from new york to florida to california. I've stayed on military bases, in old barracks, and dorm rooms. I've stayed at the Choice hotel chain happily in the past. This hotel is the worst room I've ever been in. Just a little background to reflect what I'm comparing this to.

We made a last minute reservation, driving from Nashville back to Michigan with my 3 children and husband, weary after a long car trip. This hotel was affordable, the room photos looked nice, and my kids insisted on a pool. It was 85 degrees that week and they were restless.

We checked in- the man at the desk was very nice. Then we discovered the pool was still covered. He said its closed until June. Would have been nice to discover that on the website. My kids were in tears at that point. Then we walked to our room. Noticed the scratch marks lining the old 1980s style wallpaper all down the walls in the hallways. The smell of stale cigarettes was thick in the air. Our room had a TV set similar to the one I had in college- you know, the 100 lb rabbit ear kind? With 2 channels that worked- the rest were static. The beds were wrinked and the walls had some kind of black sooty fingerprints on the corners. I turned around and marched my family out. I asked for the manager, he wouldn't be back until the next day. So I checked out. I was informed I would still be charged for the night- I'm working on getting a refund. Either way, I'd rather pay than subject my children to that filth.

Room Tip: just don't stay here. 3 miles away: hilton.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank katieD2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Traveling with my husband and sister and brother-in-law, we had a brief stop over driving home from a family Thanksgiving trip, arriving late and departing early. Desk staff was very hospitable and changed the rooms previously assigned to us to ones that adjoined. Upon checking out, I realized that I had not asked for my AAA discount, so the desk clerk adjusted the bill.
When I got the bill, I noticed that we were charged twice for each room. Apparently, since we had a late arrival, the hotel had charged my credit card the day of arrival, and then when I asked for the adjustment, and because we were in different rooms, we were charged again.
I called the hotel, spoke to the manager, and he credited my card right away without question. I was impressed with their courtesy and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erlanger
3.3 km away
5.3 km away
Days Inn Florence
Days Inn Florence
#12 of 28 in Florence

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!