“First Visit”

2B Thai
Ranked #1 of 140 Restaurants in Elizabethtown
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 15 September 2018

This is quite small, but we were pleasantly greeted by the host and owner. We were fortunate to sit next to some regulars and quickly became confident as we saw several noontime regulars in the establishment. We only wanted something light and had the fresh rolls and soup before ordering the Thai mangos and sticky rice. This place is a local gem and frequented by many regulars from our short observation. The fresh rolls were very good, but my wife will order the peach sauce vs the peanut which I thought was very good when we visit again. We were very lucky to be there when the owner had home grown mangos of a Thai variety that were much sweeter than Kroger or Walmart mangos. They could have applied a bit more coconut milk, but my wife loved the dessert. We will time our next visit to a dinner time.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is our go to place in Elizabethtown. The food is always predictably great, the atmosphere is light and calm, and the service is exceptional. Truly, If you are looking for real Thai food, spicy or mild, this place is a must. To top it off, the owner recognizes EVERY return customer, and greets everyone with a smile! Will return, over and over....

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 June 2018

This was my second visit and the quality remain amazing. The food is incredibly fresh and flavorful. I was sad to learn they close for the month of July. But I will be back again when I get to Kentucky but not this July. Lovely food, and terrific service. This is a must go.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

First-time visit. Stopped here because of the high rating on TripAdvisor. I truly enjoy authentic Thai food. I started with the shrimp tom yum soup. It was only average. The flavor I was looking for wasn't quite there. I did notice in the soup that the mushrooms have not been cleaned and we're a little on the old side. I don't normally worry about putting horse manure in my mouth from mushrooms because I know that that manure and peat moss is sterilized. It is somewhat alarming that a restaurant wouldn't give their mushrooms a dunk in lemon water prior service. I then order the sweet and sour chicken mainly because it was not fried. The pineapple in the dish tasted like aluminum as if the pineapple had been held in an open can long enough for it to take on the flavors of the can. The service was extremely friendly! I will give this restaurant another try by ordering other items instead. I have not given up on this location yet.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 20 April 2018

We checked the top rated restaurants in Elizabethtown, and 2B Thai was rated #1. It was most enjoyable. The owner and service folks were accommodating, helpful, and friendly. The restaurant had space and a peaceful environment. The crispy garlic black pepper chicken and the basil fried rice with chicken went down very well with a Thai beer, Singha.

Date of visit: April 2018