The Greenway Hotel and Spa
Premier Inn Gloucester (Little Witcombe) Hotel(Little Witcombe)(Great Value!)
US$84
Great 4.5/5
US$84
Travelodge Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
US$56
Travelodge
    US$92
    Very Good 4/5
    Jurys Inn Cheltenham(Cheltenham)(Great Value!)
    US$99
    US$142
    • Restaurant
    TripAdvisor
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewshot tubafternoon teasteam roomon arrivalglass of champagnefull body massageamuse bouchelovely hotelsconesdouble showerlounge areacoach housethe main hotelrelaxing breakevening mealbirthday treatbrasserie menu
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

My sister and I absolutely love this place. It's a beautiful hotel and the spa is a decent one, no kids running about and not usually overcrowded whenever we have been.

They have a sauna, steam room, sanarium and pool, also an outdoor hot tub. The facilities are great. However we have noticed that the last two times we've been, at least one thing has been out of order. This time it was the sanarium, last time the steam room and rainforest shower. This is a bit cheeky I think, considering how much it costs, we only go every few months so it seems a bit of a coincidence that something is always out of order. They need to spend more on maintenance perhaps.

The afternoon tea is underwhelming it has to be said. Again, the last two times we've been we've waiting unacceptably long times for this, last time it took over 40 mins and we got a refund. This time it was booked for 4.30/45 and arrived after 3 chasers at 5.10. We had to leave at 5.30 so this really annoyed me. Bearing in mind it's just 3 fingers sandwiches and 2 scones each, I find that ridiculous. I have to say, I did expect there to be cakes as well but there was nothing.

The place is redeemed by the convenient location, beautiful spa facilities and the great therapists who provide lovely treatments.

I'm not sure how quickly I'll rush back this time though and I might consider elsewhere considering the issues above.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
    Reviewed 15 February 2017

The hotel is well situated for touring The Cotswolds and nearby Cheltenham.

The building and grounds are beautiful and one can imagine walking into a privately owned Manor House - not an hotel. The character of the building has been well retained.
    We had a very comfortable and spacious bedroom. Better quality bed linen would have been appreciated, but the towels were excellent.

Ordering dinner whilst enjoying a drink in the bar is a pleasant idea, but in our experience from other hotels, this is not usually so protracted! We understand that meals are cooked to order (and expect this), but does it have to take so long before you even see menu?

Meals were well cooked and beautifully presented, but would suggest the menu could vary a little more from day to day.

The Spa was excellent.

Staff throughout the hotel were very helpful. Chris, the Restaurant Manager, was very professional, but combined this with a pleasant and helpful manner. The other outstanding member of staff was Josh, a student who works part time in the bar etc. He has 'done his homework' on what he is selling, remembers guests' names and even what they like to drink.

We enjoyed our stay, but nowhere is perfect and we think maybe our expectations were a little too high.

Room Tip: Ask for availability and advice from Reception
    • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We were here for a wedding - what an incredible hotel! Our room was huge and had everything we needed (even bathrobes and slippers). The staff were brilliant and were always there to help and nothing was too big or small for them. Breakfast is lovely too and lots to eat! We got free entry to the brilliant spa because we were guests and it is a great spa (especially the outdoor hot tub!). Simply put, this is a top class luxury hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 13 February 2017

From the greeting at the door on arrival (and being taken to our room without the need for "check in" formalities) until our departure the next day the service was excellent - low key, unobtrusive, but excellent. Very comfortable, large and quiet room. Excellent meal in the dining room in the evening -- and splendid breakfast the next morning. Did not take advantage of the spa but did enjoy a stroll in the spacious (and quiet) grounds.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 4 February 2017

We took my mother here for a one night break and it was a very pleasant stay. My sister and I shared a room right at the top of the house, which was fine. My mum had one of the "executive rooms" on the 2nd floor, this was large with a huge bathroom and bed. We used the Spa which was really lovely, but found the service a little lacking here. The lady that did my mum's nails was not talkative or friendly at all. The meal was superb and so was the breakfast. Couple of minor points - downstairs restaurant toilet was being refurbished. The lounge was very hot and overheated! Other than those minor quibbles, it was a really lovely break. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family