“A real treat on our doorstep”

Nutbrook Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Heanor
Description: We are a smalll coffee shop in the middle of Derbyshire woods. We open 2 days a week Saturday and Sunday. You can only get to us by walking, cycling or horse riding.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We often come for a sausage and bacon butty to set us up for a long walk and have been known to call again on the way home for tea and a cake. This is a hidden gem at the end of the Nutbrook Trail on the edge of Shipley Country Park. Thank you Lisa, Lucy, Chris and your staff for making it such an enjoyable experience.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We visit here regular on Sunday mornings for breakfast. We love this place and can not recommend it enough.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Embarking on a 20+ mile round trip bike ride from Long Eaton to Shipley with small children on the back of our bikes my friend and I were flagging and in much need of refreshments. The ‘are we nearly there yets’ were becoming more frequent and then we stumbled across the lovely Nutbrook cafe / tea rooms.

At first glance it looked extremely welcoming with a tree trunk chopped up in a way to store your bikes. There were lovely picnic benches outside which were comfy and spacious. The staff inside were extremely friendly and the pricing was reasonable.

They serve Coca Cola in glass bottles (the best way to drink a coke) the milkshakes are delicious and my daughter wouldn’t let me go any where near her ice cream (it must have been good. The food also looked really appealing as well.

Another point to note, it was very dog friendly with little hooks underneath the picnic tables to tie them up and a massive water bowl outside on the path for them to drink out of.

I will definitely be visiting here again on the next bike ride.

Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Lee B
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I love going here on a Sunday morning and enjoying a hot chocolate with a sausage sandwich. My partner prefers their cakes with a coffee. Everything is cooked perfectly and service is always with a smile.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Well worth a visit! Had the most delicious lemon and poppy seed cake. Very good coffees too so I was very happy!

Date of visit: March 2018