“Spoilt Birthday”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Been here many times including takeaways, but tonight (my birthday) was the worst ever, started fine. We ordered our food and I asked if it would be very mild, I was assured it would be, the chicken tikka was with roasted onions peppers and tomoto, the chicken was fine but the onions were raw and peppers hard, my mouth and lips were burning I had to leave them, the owner came and asked if meal was ok. Of course when I told him I wasn't happy he did offer another main which I declined as my husband had nearly finished, but said we wouldn't pay for mine. We did hear him ask the waitresses if no one had ask how it was, he wasn't happy and told them to give us a drink which we never got. We went to pay, asked for the bill which she had to go and get it from somewhere else, usually the staff are pleasant but her attitude left a lot to be desired, she handed my husband his card to which he said thanks she didn't reply and if looks could kill.
Disappointed it wasn't our fault, the meal was unsuitable.
The rating is not working below 2 for service, 2 food and 2 value

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank SuzyQ187048

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Had chicken tikka masala for a change and was disappointed, not a lot of taste and to be honest I’ve had tastier ready meals. The sauce was more like what you get in a cheap Aldi jar. Ate here a few times before and always been good meals and service. Will try again but we will give the masala a miss.

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Decided to pop out for a quick curry.

Fantastic meal as always.

Shish kebab starter- very tasty
Chicken Tikka Badami main course extremely creamy & light.

Well worth a visit, especially on the nights where they have the offer on.

Staff always welcoming and friendly.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a evening at nirvana in heanor, has it’s New Year’s Eve I will be generous with my critique. I have visited nirvana a couple of years ago and at that time wasn’t overly impressed but noticed it’s award from trip advisor for excellence 2017 so thought we would give it another try. So booked for myself and husband for New Year’s Eve. Has it was New Year’s Eve I expected it to be busy and service to be slower not a problem. But even though started off well very quickly deteriorate to non exsistant one particular waitress was very good but rushed off her feet , we usually tip if we get good service and at the end of the evening cos we thought she earned it we did give her £5 tip . But I would imagine that she would have to share it.

First thing I notice we were sat at a table with no tablecloth , not normally a issue but when you looked round at other tables with nicely laid out with tablecloth why were we made to look like it didn’t matter. Ok there was only two of us but impressions count wether it’s 2 or 20 people. Now this is were the good waitress came in she made us feel welcome and took our drinks order I will say this the drinks esp the chardannay for a bottle every good and great price, good job really cos after that it went downhill rapidly.

Not good, I had a takeaway from another Indian resturant in a local town just over 2 mile away and even the takeaway was beyond 5 star in comparison to the food served in nirvana we started with 2 poppadums and pickle tray got just two pickles luckliy one was mango chutney. Everywhere else you get at least 4 even with 5 star takeaway free of charge if you order over a certain amount. The I ordered onion Bahji. And husband had garlic musherooms. I would give it 6/10 not the best but ok.
For mains I had was king prawn masala with pilau rice my husband had lamb bhuna with pilau rice. Well it definatly wasn’t pilau rice, well not like pilau rice I have ever had before. And both the masala and bhuna was virtually cold esp after waiting near.y 1 hour 15 mins for it to be served at least it could have been warm. I think it was king prawn I had in masala but not quite sure .

We didn’t bother with dessert or coffee. Esp has the next table to us who were there before we arrived still hadn’t got dessert although ordered it before we ordered our starter.

Overall I did expect service to be slower, cos it was busy . But not that slow, I don’t mind my meal taking time if the the food is of good quality and at least warm. I suppose we could have sent it back but cos the time we waited for it how long before we got it it back. Naan breads not great quaility either. On the plus side cos we ordered drinks (2 bottles of wine) we got 15% of the bill but personally we would prefer Better quality food and service. Has for finesse the lack of table cloths, no napkin with ice bucket, the wine was chilled but it would have been nice if they served a little to taste. I know we have been spoiled when we go out for meals but we have had to travel to far from heanor to get better quality and service. I would have sooner not had 15% discount .
Would I return no definatly not, this was was second visit there won’t be a third. Would I recommend definatly not. There are better Indian restaurants within 2 or 3 mile radius better than nivana

Date of visit: December 2017
3  Thank mollymagooDerby
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

This will get removed anyway like all his negative comments do.(as he gets them removed) This restaurant USED to be nice and welcoming. But staff think it's acceptable to swear at customers! Chef does a fantastic job cooking! Food is perfect but don't expect friendly welcoming staff!

Date of visit: November 2017
Faznirvana, Owner at Nirvana Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

I promise I will not remove the review nor can trip advisor due to no abusive language, only wish I could say the same about you. How do you expect my staff not to retaliate when you are being rude, racist and sexist against my FEMALE waitresses. I apologise to all customers who had read this & garantee none of the staff here would ever dream to swear at customers.