“What we needed.”

Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Plenty of standard rooms with a nice indoor courtyard. Close to Mammoth Cave National Park, the Corvette museum, and WKU with plenty of restaurants nearby. Breakfast was not included and the internal buffet is pricey. Pet friendly.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on a recent business trip. Clean with a helpful staff. Restaurant on site but breakfast doesn't behind until 6:30... so if you have an early start you may want to find something else. There is an airport nearby so there is a bit of background noise. Conveniently located next door to Sloan Convention Center.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
BOWLGHIGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Lori U -

Thanks for your great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. If you need something earlier than the posted hours, just let our Guest Services know and we can make arrangements to accommodate you. We hope to see you again soon the next time you're in Bowling Green!

Best Regards ~ Brian, GM

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I have stay here since 2005 on business and have not been disappointed once with service , food, front desk, laundry service, or the lounge. Make sure you see Jamie in the lounge. He is a mixologist on the cocktails. Best thing, he remembers you the next ime your back and what you drank !

Room Tip: Golf course side or the rear of the hotel top floor corner rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

vermillionroad59 -

Thank you for the great review!! We are very pleased that you have been staying with us, we greatly appreciate your patronage! Jamie is a great asset to our hotel and we love hearing positive feedback about him! We look forward to seeing you again !

Best Regards ~ Brian - GM

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I really enjoyed my stay. I have been driving for over 10 hours and was ready to just get somewhere to relax. I most certaintly got it here. I work at a hotel as front desk, so I pay attention to the front desk a lot. Front desk was amazing, we joked around and they helped me out a lot as well. I was traveling with friends and we all loved the pool and the room, we all slept great. The receipt was slipped under our door and it was nice to get confirmation from them. The breakfast was not included but my hotel I work at doesnt offer it either since they both are full service hotels. I did not try the food, so I cant rate that. The staff is very attentive and the hotel is very pretty. I enjoyed everything about it. If I find myself back in Bowling Green, I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience! We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Bowling Green!

Best Regards ~ Brian, GM

Reviewed 3 October 2016

In town for WKU family weekend. We had two rooms reserved. King Suites. These are rooms with a bed room and living room. On the 1st night we checked in, went up to the room #228 and opened the door to a gross smell of smoke and mildew and very dark. I immediately wished I had brought an air freshener. Then my daughter pulled out the fold our bed for herself and the mattress was dirty and full of crumbs. I said "It will be ok, let's cover it with the bedding that is in the closet." So I got it out and tried to cover the dirty mattress. Then, we found POOP stains all over the bedding that was in the BAG and suppose to be clean! We were totally grossed out. We went down to the front desk and they changed us to another room. #428. We entered the room to the same stench of a smell and grossed out once again. There was even nasty dead bugs in the light above the little kitchen table....windows were covered with mold and dirty. We tried to find a room at another hotel, but they were all booked. I am a travel agent and travel A LOT. This hotel would NEVER pass my inspection. This is also the 1st negative post I have ever left for a hotel. Long story short, we were excited to stay here...it is nice from the outside and we just stayed at one in Cinci that was brand new and beautiful, but this location is FAR from it. Old, smells, need reno, moldy, dirty..... next time we will be back to the Hilton Garden inn across the street. It is new, clean and just a little more expensive. Well worth it!

Room Tip: Don't come here....go to the Hilton Garden Inn across the street!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear BeachbunnyJo,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D