We just returned from our 2 night stay here for an event through the military. The indoor lobby was beautiful and having a connection to the convention center was definitely a plus to avoid the rain. I love the fact that the hotel is dog friendly. As we had no one to watch our dog for us, having our dog come along worked out well. Our room was quite spacious; it felt very open and we had more than enough room for our 70lb lab's crate and for him to run around. The bed was comfy, but compared to other hotels, I feel like they could have done some updating for the TV and there was no mini fridge. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. It was nice to see bright smiling faces from the manager to the maid service. The breakfast buffet was good; my husband raved about the omelets made-to-order. Room service wasn't bad, they did mess up our order a tad but we didn't worry about it. Although for our dinner in the convention center was, at best, mediocre, we had a wonderful stay. If I was in the bowling green area again, I would choose to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best of Bowling Green, Kentucky is awaiting for you at the Holiday Inn University Plaza. This unique atrium style high rise hotel is surrounded by the links of CrossWinds Golf and adjacent to the Sloan Convention Center. Fabulous restaurants and shops are within a few short blocks. Bowling Greens unique attractions such as the National Corvette Museum, Beech Bend Amusement Park and Raceway, Ag Expo and Western Kentucky University are all within eight miles. Our convenient location is midway between Interstate 65 exit 22 and historic downtown Bowling Green. Nashville International Airport is just over an hour's drive from the hotel's front door. The interior garden atrium of the Holiday Inn University Plaza offers security and comfort to guests who find their room entry visible from the lobby and the public areas of the hotel. All the guest rooms and suites are extra large, tastefully decorated, and equipped with wireless high-speed Internet access, and 40 cable television channels. For your relaxation, we invite you to take a dip in our indoor pool and whirlpool or get a work-out in our health club which features cardio machines and free weights. The Hartland CafÃ© offers a quiet atmosphere to meet with friends and business associates as you enjoy an abundant country breakfast buffet. The Atrium Lounge is open seven days a week at 4:30 and specializes in Kentucky small batch bourbons ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green Hotel Bowling Green
- Holiday Inn Bowling Green
- Bowling Green Holiday Inn