“Good weekend stay”

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Bowling Green
Chicago, Illinois
“Good weekend stay”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We just returned from our 2 night stay here for an event through the military. The indoor lobby was beautiful and having a connection to the convention center was definitely a plus to avoid the rain. I love the fact that the hotel is dog friendly. As we had no one to watch our dog for us, having our dog come along worked out well. Our room was quite spacious; it felt very open and we had more than enough room for our 70lb lab's crate and for him to run around. The bed was comfy, but compared to other hotels, I feel like they could have done some updating for the TV and there was no mini fridge. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. It was nice to see bright smiling faces from the manager to the maid service. The breakfast buffet was good; my husband raved about the omelets made-to-order. Room service wasn't bad, they did mess up our order a tad but we didn't worry about it. Although for our dinner in the convention center was, at best, mediocre, we had a wonderful stay. If I was in the bowling green area again, I would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
henderson ky
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The room was very clean and bed was comfortable. The price was good and the staff very friendly.
The hotel restaurant (Hartland restauran)t had a lunch buffet which had good food and great service.
Also, connected to the Sloan Convention Center which was convenient for business seminar.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This is a nice holel with will groomed grounds and a great staff. The rooms are large and clean.
I willl stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
NOFIT
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I be there few times and the staff at this property really make me feel at home. I have been a priority club member with Holiday Inn for many years and this is one of the nicest and cleanest Holiday Inn's I have ever stayed at. good locasion . I highly recommend the Holiday Inn in Bowling Green, Ky.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank denkberg
Clarksville, TN
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We arrived at 2 pm September 10th for the Navy/W.KY football game. There were two people on the front desk and only one group in each line. It took 30 minutes to get to the desk to be told our room would be ready at 3. I asked for the room number of my friend and was told she wasn't there. I said she was. They finally found her and we took our luggage to her suite to wait. At 4 the room was still not available so we went on to the football game. We got back to the hotel wet from rain and exhausted. They said our room was ready. We got our luggage and went to the room. It was not the type of room I had reserved in May. Yes, May. By then I was too tired to complain. So, we had an actual room for 12 hours. Not the room requested. It totally ruined our entire day.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Onontuagin
GMBOWLG, General Manager at Holiday Inn University Plaza - Bowling Green, responded to this review, 18 September 2011
Thank you for taking time to give us your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know and I will be sure to review this with our Front Office team.

I apologize for any inconvienence you experienced. It is our goal to provide our guests with an excellent stay every time and I am sorry we did not meet that expectation with you. Should you be in Bowling Green again, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your lodging of choice.

Contact me if I can be of any service. ~ Brian, GM.