See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2018

On my southbound trip, I was desperate to find lodging (and learned the hard way that it was the weekend of the Kentucky Derby so most rooms were occupied or cost a zillion dollars). I found the Clarion Inn quite by surprise and was glad that I did.

First, the check-in was quick and easy and the rate was excellent (I may have gotten a deal because it was close to 10pm and they weren't sold out?). Just the same, it was well priced. The lobby area and other common areas are under significant construction, but the room itself was really nice -- and huge! -- I liked that the bedroom door had an extra inside door and lock for extra security. Other highlights were a very comfortable bed, and I appreciated that there were a ton of options where I could charge my USB devices.

The pool area looked nice, so I was disappointed I didn't have a chance to take advantage of it.

Finally, I'm always a fan of hotels that offer a generous breakfast (waffles!). Well done!

If I were to nitpick, my only recommendations here would be that the elevator could use a bit of TLC (it sounded as if it was trying reeeeally hard to ascend), and I would have liked to have a bit more assurance that the property was under some kind of security surveillance.

All that said, I would stay here again and recommend it as a great stop-over place if you find yourself in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Go second floor, away from the pool for quiet
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2018

I come to this hotel every year for an event as well as anytime I visit Bowling Green. The staff are always very helpful and accommodating. The renovations have been going great and once everything is done, this hotel will be even better. I also love how open the pool area is.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2018

My family and had been driving for a while and we were extremely tired, so we decided to stop at this hotel. I noticed right off how friendly and welcoming the staff was.The check-in process was fast and simple, and the desk clerk was exceptionally nice. The room was nice, clean and newly remodeled and the beds were super comfy. There was a bit of constriction going on, but it never affected our room or stay. My kids immediately ran to the pool. It's a pretty big area (which I liked), it was really nice and warm, they enjoyed themselves and so did my husband and I. They had a really good breakfast also, we were in a rush so we couldn't stay long, but they had a good selection of breakfast items to choose from and it was well stocked. We will definitely be staying here again the next time we come through Bowling Green!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank DG9882
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Stay elsewhere!! The pool was so green and slime all over the steps both my son and daughter fell upon entering and fell on their back we told the manager and he just said sorry about that..Tons of kids and parties at night that you couldn't even get in the pool and it smelled like a pond..Hot tub didn't work..Beds were uncomfortable and sheets were stiff as a board with cigarette burns in the blanket!! It wasn't very clean and breakfast was poor..We stayed in Bowling Green an extra night and went to the Drury Inn and it was fabulous!!! Free food and snacks for dinner and breakfast really good quality and super super clean which is a must for our family!!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank pookieev
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Avoid this location. They are in the middle of a cheap rehab and there is exposed concrete everywhere and the newly painted areas are already chipped. They are painting white woodwork black and it looks awful already. The pool shown above, it not anything like this. Everything was old and was being redone with materials more typical of a Super 8 dive. The topper was that we found bed bugs climbing around on top of the bed when the lights were all on. And we also had roaches. They did refund one of the two rooms we had, but I will never stay there again. I could tell from the clerk's reaction that the bugs were not new. In addition, the workers had left cigarette butts and globs of shoe mud all around the entrance to the hall of our rooms. I filled out their survey, but only got a defensive response back that they check the outside every morning. (Try checking after the construction workers leave.) and there was no mention of the bed bugs. The breakfast looked fine, but I couldn't eat it because I kept thinking of the open bottomed cereal bins and the roaches. I came home in bedbug meltdown and spent three hours heating and laundering everything we took with us.
So far so good. This is a part of the Sleep Inn group and I expected so much better from them. Apparently, I will have to re-evaluate the whole chain since their corporate people do not care to react to an alarming review.

Room Tip: Run to any of the numerous hotels across the street. This place has no redeeming features.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family