“Awesome Food and Service”
Review of Mario's Pizza

Mario's Pizza
Ranked #18 of 56 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped in today with our Cub Scout Pack after they hiked to East Pinnacle at the Berea College Forest. I got there early to get tables, and prep the staff for s sudden party of a dozen or so. The staff was awesome! They immediately cleaned a table big enough for us to sit together. They made fresh pizzas for the buffet. They just really took great care of us- and did so with a smile. My husband stand had a cheeseburger and fries- fresh ground meat, freshly made bun, hand cut fries! I had the fried mushrooms and the nacho supreme- both were excellent!!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

While driving home we decided to stop for pizza. We looked ahead and found this place and decided based on some reviews to stop and give it a try. Our mistake! We got the buffet (reasonably priced), and started getting our food. We gave our kids some pizza and salad and fruit, but didn’t end up letting them eat the fruit after I sampled it off their plates because it was looking old. It tasted old also. The pizza was unappetizing looking, and though it wasn’t the worst tasting pizza ever, it definitely isn’t going to be winning any awards. The pasta was bland also. They were also pretty slow to bring new stuff out to the buffet. There was only a few slices out until we had gotten what we could, then they brought more out after we started eating. It was very dark and dingy inside, the decor was horrendous (Mounted Moose Head covered in dust with patches or fur falling off, random mounted fish in corner, quarter gum-ball and toy machines that looked like they hadn’t been changed out in years, and wall paper that made you almost glad it was so dark in the room). It was also one of the dirtiest restaurants I have ever been in. Despite being almost empty, there were about 10 tables that had not been cleaned off, there was built up dirt and dead bugs under our table, built up dust was visible on some of the decor, and the emergency exit door was falling apart and appeared to not be latched, and my wife had black specks in her ice from the pop machine. If you want pizza, keep on driving.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

The burgers are huge and full of flavor. Also, the BBQ is awesome and smoked right out behind the restaurant.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

stopped here cuz of freeway backup, it ended up being a good idea. The buffet was set up & kids loved the bacon cheese pizza. Buffet prices were ok for kids & adults.Hubby & I opted to order from menu. Husband had calzone even though they burnt it on bottom he said it was good. My bacon burger was huge & excellent. Onion rings were over fried. overall good experience. Service lacking, you order at window & then sit to get food, get your own drinks. Server forgot to give us cups, & never checked on us. So that was strange. cross between fast food & sit down restaurant?!
glad food was good at least.

1  Thank Tuyet K
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I went here today for lunch and had the pulled chicken. All that I can is that it's delicious. Jimmy Upton you're doing an awesome job!

Been to Mario's Pizza? Share your experiences!