“OK Food”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My family ate at Papaleno's for dinner on 8/3. My wife and son had sandwiches and I had their baked spaghetti with meatballs. The sandwiches were nothing interesting. My spaghetti was OK and the serving was large enough, but it did not have a great Italian flavor. Dine-in and carry out all order at the front register, but there was no signage indicating that. When we arrived, there was a short line, and it was not clear what we were supposed to do. The front rooms were fine, but the larger back seating area had a strong musty/moldy smell.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We were visiting family in Berea and dined here on 7/28/18. For an early Saturday evening it was extremely crowded due to a softball tourney in the area. Their policy is to wait in line and order. You are then given a number and your food is brought to your table. On the night we went it was extremely noisy due to the amount of young kids there. The food overall was decent though. I would try it again.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

The 45-minute wait was posted near the ordering spot at 12:45pm on Saturday. The restaurant was very crowded. The young lady told us not to order Pizza (their specialty) because they only have 2 ovens. So we ordered a stromboli sandwich and tuna fish sandwich. We waited for 45-minutes anyway! I understand this restaurant has more than doubled in size over the last 2 years regarding the number of patrons, but the kitchen has remained the same size. Rather unfortunate management decision. I will never return there. Highly over-rated and very disappointing.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

This seems to be a local favorite - with lots of patrons around the dinner hour. The food however was great and so was the atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Love the pizza and garlic bread! This is the only choice Berea has to offer in Italian food and it is awesome. Come as you are. Comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank DAWN T

Been to Papaleno's Restaurant? Share your experiences!