“Not that great”

Hong Kong Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 56 Restaurants in Berea
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Our food was cold.The best part of the meal was the fortune cookie save money and drive the extra miles to Richmond or Lexington

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Hong Kong was ok.....I have had many worse Chinese buffets.

We stopped for lunch on Sunday off the interstate. There were four tables of stuff.....two kinds of soups, salad items, boiled shrimp, cold mussels, etc. There were a number of appetizer foods.....egg rolls, pot stickers, teriyaki chicken skewers, stuffed mushroom, egg custards, and more. There were several dozen entree items....shrimp, beef with broccoli, noodles, pizza, salmon, and several more. There were 4 or 5 kinds of sushi. There was ice cream and a few other desserts. Nothing was fantastic, but nothing was terrible. Fairly good turnover, so most items were pretty fresh.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I recently had lunch at the Hong Kong Buffet. The buffet wasn't anything special, mostly bland and boring without much variety. Some dishes weren't hot and the vegetable spring rolls were hard. The salad table didn't offer much. It's not much of a haven for vegetarians. Besides the buffet, the restaurant offers several individual items on its menu. The restaurant was clean and the staff was courteous and helpful.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We ate here while visiting Berea. I really like eating at Chinese buffets due to the variety of dishes I can try. However, I found the food here to be bland. If you are looking for food to fill you up, this will do. However, if you want food that tastes other than bland, this isn't the place. The staff was attentive and the place was clean. We won't be back.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

My family and I have been visiting Hong Kong Buffet for many years and it's still one of our go to places. The building has several tables or booths depending on your preference, you can order from the menu or go for the buffet. The staff are all very helpful and attentive and if you order from the buffet, one of the staff are usually surveying to see what is running low and reporting back to the kitchen and preparing more.
There are multiple items on the buffet ranging from meatloaf, chicken nuggets, and pizza to egg drop soup, honey chicken, and crab legs. They offer up a salad bar with salad items, fresh fruits, and pudding and a dessert table with my favorite macaroons along with soft square cakes and cookies.
It isn't the best Chinese food I've ever had, but it definitely is a nice break away from the limited food choices Berea has to offer up in terms of fast food options and Berea's limited restaurant choices. All in all, I don't think you'll be disappointed at HKB.

Been to Hong Kong Restaurant? Share your experiences!