“Great Sandwiches”

Old Town Amish Store
Ranked #7 of 56 Restaurants in Berea
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a bulk foods grocery with an Amish meat and cheese deli. We make hot and cold sandwiches on homemade bread, served up with homemade side items and hot soups. We also have a wide selection of homemade baked treats!
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I decided to stop in to see what was in the store after filling up my suv across the street. It was lunch time and I was hungry. I used to live near Lancaster PA, so I miss Amish/Mennonite food. I figured it would be, if nothing else, a chance to stretch my legs before continuing my drive south. Instead, I shopped through the Amish foodstuffs and picked up some snacks and then I ordered a sandwich, that turned out better to make my own sandwich. The staff were efficient and pleasant.

When I got into the car I was more than pleasantly surprised about how thick and meaty the sandwich was, on good hearty sourdough bread. One of the best $5.99 I have ever spent. And with birch beer to finish it off, it felt like a fond trip down memory lane.

If there was one disappointment....there was no shoofly pie to be seen anywhere for purchase (it might have been on a menu someplace) and I should have asked.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely small store and cafe in Berra, gateway to Appalachia. Deli and groceries with all local foods.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Our Cub Scout Pack was going hiking up in the Pinnacle, so my daughter and I wandered around Berea. I hadn’t had breakfast, and wanted to stop in there anyway to see what there was to explore. Lucky me they make the best sandwiches!! The worker at the deli counter was very friendly and helpful. I asked for a BLT on wheat with cheddar and pickles. I was looking around to see what else there was, when I saw the cornbread salad and asked about it. She offered me a sample. Wonderful!!! I shopped around a bit- so much to look at, but checked out to enjoy my sandwich. It was so good!!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Recently at breakfast with my husband at this location. Food was cooked to order and hot and fresh. Great service as well.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Thought we would find homemade Amish things. Most things were bought and shipped from somewhere else. Not what we thought it would be.

Been to Old Town Amish Store? Share your experiences!