“Excellent, caring staff”

TownePlace Suites Wichita East
Ranked #46 of 88 Hotels in Wichita
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I brought my parents to Wichita for a Dr appt at heart hospital. The staff from reservations, check in, stay and check out was wonderful. Every single one of them. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, everything worked great. We will be back for a couple of surgeries in the near future and will definitely stay here again. The stay was Thurs evening through this morning, Sept 29 th. Remodel is still going on but we had no problems with it. I did a lot of pacing and little short walks and all of the staff was making sure everything was satisfactory. Grounds keeper, cook, maids, and front desk.

Room Tip: Staff is wonderful & helpful.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Aaron G, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to give a review! We are overjoyed that you had a great experience with us! We aspire to give great customer service and are grateful that we've met your expectations! We look forward to seeing you again! As always, thank you for choosing TownePlace Suites Marriott!!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Here because of family member in the hospital and I just checked in to one of their newly remodeled rooms. Absolutely wonderful. Clean, updated and comfortable. It's in a great location up north, so I will definitely will look into this hotel next time I am in Wichita.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Aaron G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you so much for your comments! We have been waiting for our guests to experience the newly remodeled rooms. I am glad that you were happy with your stay. We desire that all of our guests enjoy their stay at TownePlace Suites Marriott in Wichita KS!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I'm ok with renovation- but you should tell people when they book that their water will be turned off from 9am-12. There was a letter in our room when we arrived. We knew about the updating- and this property needs it. Our room was straight out of the 90's. we were there to attend a funeral so the water cut-off was a concern because we weren't leaving for work or a meeting all day. I will say that the room was large & I'm hoping rooms will get king beds because they do not exist- queen only. Breakfast was ok- we got moldy bagels. So it was a waffle for me! I thought the response to no newspaper by the front desk was classic- we don't have to provide them so we don't! It's under new ownership but I've stayed at Marriott properties lately from Springfield MO to St. Louis and this location was the least friendly or accommodating of any! I will not return to this property. You would think since they are renovating that they would try harder with fresh breakfast & some other perk like a newspaper to make up for the old rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid renovation noise
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Aaron G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Hello Mr. Roitz!

First I would like to apologize for your inconvenient stay at the TownePlace Suites Marriott. It is our desire to make every guest happy and unfortunately we have fallen short regarding your stay. As you have stated we are in a renovation and I will revisit how we can make guest aware of the contents of our renovations. We are extremely excited for the renovation as we will have many new products in our hotel.
I apologize for the newspapers not being available in our hotel. We were seeing a decrease in usage of the newspaper and we discovered more individuals desire to use their smart phones. I will definitely keep your comments in mind as we move forward. Thank you again and I will share with our staff your concerns! I would like you to come back and visit us once our renovation is complete!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I stayed here only for one night and had no expectations whatsoever. The room is very spacious and it's like a fully furnished studio apartment. There's a separate living area with a couch and a full kitchen. Not just a kitchenette but a KITCHEN, w stove, fridge, fully stocked silverware and utensils, the works. Best of all was the service. I was checked in by Tish, who was extremely helpful and friendly. I asked her for a recommendation to a decent steakhouse and she came through like a champ! She even printed out Google Maps directions on how to get there. Great service, I regret that I'm not staying longer, this place is perfect for families or longer stays!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff and the hotel! We are currently going through a renovation and as we journey through this adventure we hope for all of our guests to enjoy their stay. Thank you for you comments again! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

As the other reviewers said, the property is a bit outdated, but it didn't bother me too much. The worst thing was that my bathroom door was falling off of it's hinges, and I had to lift it up and pull on it to close it properly. The room's bathroom and kitchen were outdated, but everything worked as expected. I did not even bother trying the breakfast, because most things are processed/packaged/frozen/microwaved, and I prefer fresh. Everything else about this hotel was pretty good. The room was spacious and CLEAN. Internet speed was great. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was good...very close to restaurants and groceries. I will probably stay here for my next visit to Wichita.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Andrew H, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Wichita East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the TownePlace Suites Wichita East with us.

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

We have a full property renovation planned to begin this month. It is our expectation that after these renovations are completed, we will be one of the top hotels in Wichita in terms of both customer service and appearance.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider TownePlace Suites Wichita East on your next visit to Wichita so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Andrew Hermann