All reviews double tree legends restaurant executive floor north tower warm cookies rental car nice hotel the concierge lounge fitness center parking lot comfortable room a great stay business trip upon check convenient location great room hot tub
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Love the warm chocolate chip cookie on check in. Hot tub wasn't working for a couple of days, but was repaired. Pool water is cool, so nice to jump in hot tub afterwards. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Debbie K, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide, and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 July 2018

My Wife and I stayed in this hotel for 2 days for a family visit. And we really enjoyed it! The room was clean, plenty of space and next to the airport. Every amenity request of us has been taken care off. The staff has been professional, as well as friendly. And special thanks to Wonda from aviation lounge for being a great host and Deidre from reservations, she knows exactly what you expect whenever you call or email to book reservation and she never fails to meet your expectations. Since we were returning guests, we were offered a complimentary upgrade. We haven't got a chance to dine in the newly renovated Chisholm restaurant at this hotel. In the future, we will come back and recommend this property to others.

Room Tip: Just call Deidre from resevation to get a good room. Satff will take care of rest.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Debbie K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay along with your comments regarding Wanda & Deidre. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Staff at the front desk charged the wrong credit card but it is ver hard to reach any one, only voicemails.. Keith from the front desk says everybody must be gone due to the 4th of July.. but I´ve been trying to solve this since last week! My travel agency has been calling them having me on the phone line and only voice messages and rude answers at the front desk.. Hope customer can have a second level phone line or email message where guests can address situations like this because is so frustrating. :(

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Debbie K, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Karla WorldTravelerLUX,

I have been in contact with you since June 29th, 2018. We have finally received the credit card authorization form from you for your guest on July 2nd. That is when your guest credit card was refunded and the card you provided was charged. I have reached out to your office and spoke to your assistant while you were in meetings and informed her that everything was good and new receipts were emailed. I did receive confirmation at 03:05PM on the 2nd that they were read. I have also resent you the emails again to verify with you that this issue has been resolved and if there are any other issues pertaining to the hotel to please express those with me.

We have been prompt and took this issue very serious. however, We as the hotel has nothing to do with the payment agreement between you and your guest, unless we were informed prior to check in. We did not have any notes on the reservation nor was it a prepaid. We have done everything you have requested in a timely manner and made sure he was accommodated to the fullest during his time of stay. We want to make sure you recognize that the last thing we wanted was to have any miscommunication. Again, This billing error has been resolved the moment we received your authorization. I will continue to reach out to you till I can contact you and have clear verification that you are aware that this has been resolved and to correct any broken relationship between us.

Sincerely my deepest apologies for any and all misunderstandings.

Thank you.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

While the property is nice, with plenty of amenities, the staff and service is lacking. The front desk staff is a 50/50 shot. While some are wonderful, helpful, and polite. Others act like this is the last place they want to be and you are the last person they want to talk to. The wait staff at breakfast were certainly the worst of this. Although there was one gentleman (Italian I believe) who was delightful. The waitstaff at dinner, at the restaurant were great, however. Now I’m not certain what happened with the cleaning staff. The first day my room was not cleaned. I did not mention it. When I returned the second day, and it was still not cleaned, I told the front desk. This happened again on the 3rd day. Finally, on the fourth day, my room was cleaned while I was out for the day.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Debbie K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Let me assure you that we take great pride in the service that we provide to each guest and anything short of fantastic is not acceptable. I would like to truly apologize that we missed the chance to provide you with a flawless stay. Please know that we will use your feedback as a training tool to prevent any re-occurrences. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit the area again

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Stayed on Wednesday night, June 13 in a King room. Property is very clean and room was spacious.

Hotel is very convenient to airport with frequent shuttles or a short walk across the parking lots. Plenty of free parking was available for my rental car. Staff was very friendly and provided great Midwest hospitality.

As an HHonors Gold member, I was placed on the Executive Floor and given access to the Executive Lounge. The lounge is accessible all day for complimentary beverages and snacks. Breakfast in the lounge was a bit disappointing and limited compared to most Executive Lounge continental breakfasts - with just a few pastries and prepackaged snacks (no fruit, cereal variety, etc.). Almost wished they didn't have a lounge and just gave a breakfast voucher to the restaurant like the majority of DoubleTree properties I've experienced.

Would certainly stay at this property again when travel brings me to Wichita.

Room Tip: Ask for a runway view if you're an aviation enthusiast like me
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. I am so pleased that you found the location to be perfect for your visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We look forward to welcoming you back again.