We were there over Thankgiving for a family get together - 18 of us total. The room was clean and pretty quiet and the bed quite comfy - not too hard. The Atrium, where we gathered as a family, is very large with pool table, ping pong table, shuffle board, video games, putting green, indoor pool and hot tub. Plenty of space for the kids to spread out and play. They even found other kids from other families to play with. The main suggestion I have is for a few more tables. There are a handful of round and square tables that seat 4. And they did leave out a few 6' tables and chairs that we could use. But there were enough other family gatherings that we had to be careful not to get in each other's way.
WARNING: this hotel has no elevator, so if you have issues with stairs be sure to request a bottom floor room. There are rooms that connect to the atrium with sliding glass doors and rooms that connect to the parking lot. Depends on if you want quiet and privacy versus access to the atrium.
Breakfast buffet at the attached Country Kitchen was included with the room. Biscuits, gravy, bacon, pancakes, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, muffins, fruit, milk/orange juice/coffee. Delicious, but kind of hard to watch the calories!!!
The location of this hotel is right on I-135. The only thing close to it is a gas station/food mart. So plan to drive where ever you go. We took a couple of walks and ended up in a very industrial area. I understand there is a residential area close by, but didn't see it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites!A great hotel near Koch Industries combines service and value, and our Wichita hotel has both in abundance for our guests.As a hotel near Wichita State University (WSU), we cater to groups, visiting faculty and students in town to tour the campus. Whether you want a hotel near Kansas Pavilions or a hotel near downtown Wichita, you deserve a property that puts your comfort first. An indoor pool and game area is a great way to relax or engage in some friendly competition. We're just six miles north of downtown Wichita, so slipping into town for some fine dining, entertainment or a special event is easy.Our Wichita hotel offers easy access off of I-35, so commutes are a breeze. With 16,000 square feet of convention space, we're also a popular choice for special events like meetings, receptions and family reunions. Employees of Koch Industries, Alefs Harley Davidson, the National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR) and Wichita State University often take advantage of our spacious meeting facilities.We offer a complimentary hot breakfast with steaming hot waffles, fresh fruits, a selection of cereal and yogurt and 100% Arabica coffee or juices. With a fitness center and guest laundry, our pet friendly Wichita hotel makes guests feel right at home. Enjoy a swim in the indoor pool or a delectable meal at the attached Country Kitchen Restaurant. Complimentary Wi-Fi, Whirlpool suites and mobility accessibility makes your stay even more enjoyable. An elevator makes both floors of the hotel easily accessible. Nearby attractions include the Sedgwick County Zoo, Old Town Wichita and the Intrust Bank Arena. Spend the day exploring the streets of Old Town, or take the entire family on a trip to the zoo. Friendly staff members at our Wichita hotel are happy to provide recommendations, too.Reserve a room at BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites for a great vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Wichita North Hotel Wichita
- Best Western Wichita North Hotel And Suites
- Wichita Best Western